PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the cheapest option for lodging in Mammoth

drivelikejoewho
07-03-2008, 09:53 PM
Hi there.. I have a friend coming from Buffalo New York in a few weeks and we were going to go up to Mammoth. He is on a bit of a budget and we are looking for the most affordable way to go to Mammoth and we would like to stay up there. I usually rent from Seasons 4 but I was looking for maybe a hotel or a small cabin. Looking to spend under $400 for 3 nights and there will be 4 of us. Is this possible? Your help is appreciated!

GETUM818
07-03-2008, 10:03 PM
The First Thing That Came To Mind Was Seasons 4.. Thats Where I Always Stay At, But You Already Know That Spot.. A Motel In Mammoth Will Run You Not That Much Less Than Seasons 4, And It'll Be Way Smaller!!

samgann93
07-03-2008, 10:08 PM
http://www.mcgeecreek.com/

great place. pretty cheap.

Troutman Dan
07-04-2008, 08:48 AM
I stay at the Austria Hof in Mammmoth. Under $100.00 a night. Clean and a 5 minute drive to the lake.

billy b
07-04-2008, 09:30 AM
the Tamarack Lodge? I don't know if it's nice, expensive, but it was recommended to me.

drivelikejoewho
07-04-2008, 11:09 AM
thanks for the suggestions guys!

Badfish2
07-05-2008, 01:26 AM
Priceline, name your price. If not.. stay in bishop. 30 minutes away from mammoth and won't cost more than 60 a night at the town house motel on Main (395)

pc2mac
07-05-2008, 09:42 AM
Try browsing through www.mammothpremiere.com. I just did a quick search and was able to find several condos that can accomodate 4 for three nights for under $400.00.

Pete

WARRIORMIKE
07-06-2008, 09:50 PM
how bout just camping it?:rolleyes:

dockboy
07-09-2008, 03:29 PM
Camping would indeed be cheaper. Sites are much less expensive than rooms. But I like the Wildwood Inn Econolodge right off Lake Mary Drive there in town. Very decent rooms for a good price. Not the most fancy place but more than adequate for the skiing and fishing it gets used for. The owners are currently reinnovating many of the rooms, and most now have new showers and a fresh coat of paint. Check it out online. If that's too much, Bishop is the way too go.

Badfish2
07-10-2008, 12:52 AM
Camping = Still have to buy food, $20-40 Ice, Camping supplies, etc.. and pay for the site $18-20 a night. It's actually about even after all is said and done between camping and hotels..depending how expensive a hotel you stay at. The cheapest would be to eat at Jack in the Box in Bishop and sleep in your car... I've done it.

HBJapo
07-10-2008, 10:43 AM
Camping = Still have to buy food, $20-40 Ice, Camping supplies, etc.. and pay for the site $18-20 a night. It's actually about even after all is said and done between camping and hotels..depending how expensive a hotel you stay at. The cheapest would be to eat at Jack in the Box in Bishop and sleep in your car... I've done it.

Now that's the creativity that we like to see Badfish2. In my younger days that would have been a no-brainer.

Japo :Envious:

Badfish2
07-11-2008, 01:14 AM
Now that's the creativity that we like to see Badfish2. In my younger days that would have been a no-brainer.

Japo :Envious:

:ROFL: Just tryin' to help a brotha out.. might be a little sketchy to try that sort of thing nowadays... wake up in the morning with some local Bishop tweeker tapping on your window.

dockboy
07-12-2008, 07:02 PM
Yeah, I hear there too. Jacks in Bishop at midnight is the ultimate trip food. I've had the hottest friggin' burger of my life there on a trip there last year. That thing came out at about a zillion degrees when I bit into it. You could had a sauna with the steam comin off it :LOL: Anyways, Vons sandwiches are my favorite Sierra food for a trip. You can get a foot long deli sandwich with fresh ingredients and chips + drink for about $7. And I ain't talking about a small sandwich either. Bi ol' big sucker, and on great bread. Something you may want to think about if you have a bunch of guys with you.