PDA

View Full Version : Scratch my itch @ Redondo Pier

shy_boxer
07-03-2008, 03:20 PM
After taking the family to dinner...the wifey gave me the green light to go fishing. Yipeeee! Called the fellow insomniac fishermen JohnhinLA, BupkAngler, Zzang, and Efekt. Got the text message from Jbones that Castaic is blowing at 33mph. Alrighty then...The rendez vous point would be Rendondo pier. Grabbed my 2 pier special rods and out the door I go.

Found our piece of reel estate..(pun intended). Man it was crowded for a wednesday night. Threw out our baits and proceeded to bait -n- wait. John scores first with stingray. Then I get on board with a SNGF sucka was strong almost took my rod into the ocean. Thanks, John for saving my pier special. Then bupk scores with a cute baby leopard shark. Again, John gets another this time a thornback ray. I followed with a 2-3 foot leopard shark (right bupkangler?) and a thornback ray. In all a good night with friends shooting the breeze and doing what we love most....FISHING!

JohnHinLA = 2 rays
BuPkAngler = baby leopard shark & thornback
Shy_Boxer = SNGF, leopard shark, 3 thornbacks
Efekt = skunkage
Zzang = skunkage
Btw.....squid was the bait of choice.

P.S. Zzang next time keep your bait in the water...not on the pier. Lmao!

klocked
07-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Itch scratching is good, good job out there. Less crowds in the morning there on weekdays, any other time it seems shoulder to shoulder. That 2-3 ft leo must have been fun.

JSAUCE818
07-03-2008, 05:16 PM
P.S. Zzang next time keep your bait in the water...not on the pier. Lmao!

he hasnt hit the water in sooo long that he forgot how to fish...lmao....good job fellas...

BupkAngler
07-04-2008, 01:54 AM
yea shy boxer it was a FATTY leo! I need some gaf practice : ( It was coo going feeeeshing w/ you guys again

shy_boxer
07-05-2008, 03:20 AM
Bupkangler....yeah it was good fishing with you guys. We gotta hook up and do some bass fishing.

Efekt
07-07-2008, 05:03 PM
man... towards the sunrise we had bites... but damm 11 hours of pier fishing got to us lol.... WE GOTTA GO AGAIN end of this week or something... anytime after noon on thursday.... we should hit up shy boxers honeyhole in newport.... i want some hali blood... bass have been bad 2 me this season not even 1 dink..... salt seems more promising then lake 2 me right now... lesh go!!! and bupkangler get a new fone

shy_boxer
07-11-2008, 02:16 PM
Efekt, Zzang, Bupkangler, Lets go hit the surf.........I found a new honeyhole!

BupkAngler
07-11-2008, 03:03 PM
Nice! When?

shy_boxer
07-11-2008, 03:20 PM
Next week.....I would say Tuesday. If you guys wanna roll holler at me. Get my number from Efekt or Zzang.

Halibut time, mang!

Efekt
07-11-2008, 06:47 PM
lets go sunday? or wat.... cuz i got class 8-12 monday-thursday so ):