PDA

View Full Version : BCSB im going 7-2-08 first time .. tips?

vertical
07-01-2008, 08:35 PM
I'm goin to try out Bcsb for the first time. Planing to leave the house and hit the area at around 5am 7-2-08... (to recon first, never been there and don't really know where to start wetting lines)... any tips would be appreciated... im bringin :

1 crucial/ spinner combo
1 cumara / 250tedc combo
1 cumara / curado 200 combo

flashtrix (geen)
lc 110 in herring, metallic sardine and a factory tuned ghost iwash
fresh squid
some gulp minnows and
some leadheads and plastics

anything else I should pack?

btw all reels are spectra backed with 6~10# floro leads

TShaffer
07-01-2008, 08:37 PM
are you going to the jetty?

Fisherman57
07-01-2008, 08:44 PM
I'm goin to try out Bcsb for the first time. Planing to leave the house and hit the area at around 5am 7-2-08...

Be advised that they do not open the gates to Bolsa Chica State Beach parking until 6.00am..... and it looks like high tide isnt until after 10.00am...

Good luck out there!

Zombie Bass ATTACK
07-01-2008, 09:09 PM
i heard its going to be extremely steep tides up until the 9 to 10 of this month steep tide is when the water is incoming and outgoing like a jet!! so its very hard to keep your lure or bait steady and hard to feel bites..just some info for ya..and soaking bait isnt to good for the jetty area alot of rocks in the water on high tide and low.

ZBA

vertical
07-01-2008, 09:28 PM
I'd like to try fishing by the rocks in the prev post..... i suppose thats the jetty area... as for the tide... looks like it doesnt look like a good idea to fish there tomorrow then... 8(
hummmmm... maybe i should hit the surf north of the 1

Zombie Bass ATTACK
07-01-2008, 09:41 PM
I'd like to try fishing by the rocks in the prev post..... i suppose thats the jetty area... as for the tide... looks like it doesnt look like a good idea to fish there tomorrow then... 8(
hummmmm... maybe i should hit the surf north of the 1

ya man im most likely going to be hitting bcsb next tuesday tides are suppose to be better..and from my knowledge of fishing bcsb jetty area the bite never turns on until 10am and from there on till 2pm its pretty good..if you want to do some good spotted bay bass and sand bass and halibut fishing go down to newport back bay there are some lil public beach areas back there thats good for drop shotting and theres a public dock that you can slay nice size spotties and its not to far from bcsb like 10min south.

ZBA

rcfb73
07-01-2008, 09:46 PM
I am planning to be out there tomorrow morning as well, probably around 6:30-7 to about 12 or so. Ill more than likely be at the mouth throwin some LCs or walkin the shore tossin the perch crack. Of course ill be wearing My team 57 shirt.

Good luck to you and maybe we'll run into each other.

vertical
07-01-2008, 09:46 PM
cool... thanks for that info... will keep the location in mind.... right now im looking at maps and possible places to go fish...

rcfb73
07-01-2008, 09:57 PM
If you decide to go somewhere else, shoot me a PM, maybe ill join you.... ZBA knows his way around BCSB from his reports... Maybe ill take a rain check on my hali hunting.

Zombie Bass ATTACK
07-01-2008, 10:06 PM
If you decide to go somewhere else, shoot me a PM, maybe ill join you.... ZBA knows his way around BCSB from his reports... Maybe ill take a rain check on my hali hunting.

guys send me a pm if you want to know anywhere else to go near bcsb newport is my beach so hit me up and i'll shoot you any info you guys want or not :)

Zombie Bass ATTACK
07-01-2008, 11:33 PM
Just messin' w/ya ZB

i knew you were man ;)

bsp
07-02-2008, 06:05 PM
Do not chuck swimmies there. I went there for the first time last week to check it out, and the rocks look like swimbait eaters. Stick with an LC or Drop shot rig to avoid snags. I may be there on the 4th.

Zombie Bass ATTACK
07-02-2008, 06:39 PM
Do not chuck swimmies there. I went there for the first time last week to check it out, and the rocks look like swimbait eaters. Stick with an LC or Drop shot rig to avoid snags. I may be there on the 4th.

exactly.........:o

rcfb73
07-02-2008, 06:39 PM
tough conditions out there today... hes right about the swimbaits...lost about 3 or 4.

ran into skyler, he got into a few decent fish. ill be out there again next week sometime...gotta get my first hali soon!

klocked
07-02-2008, 09:22 PM
tough conditions out there today... hes right about the swimbaits...lost about 3 or 4.

Sometimes you can avoid losing them when they get hung up if you stop reeling immediately after your swimbait stops and then move 20 feet to your left or right and give it a few gentle tugs. The hard part is deciding quickly enough if it's a fish or a rock.

If you walk one direction and try to get it loose but can't, try the opposite direction. The farther out that your swimbait is hung up, the farther to the left or right you should walk.

This works for me 80% of the time.

Klocked