PDA

View Full Version : My first twilight trip in 10 years.

Ire
07-01-2008, 04:13 PM
This Sunday I am going to be taking a twilight trip with my friends(Its their first) I called and made reservations for us. What I wanted to know is how to rig my equipment I don't recall how it was done when I was 11.

I was told I should use 4 ounce torpedo weights and 1/0 hooks. How should I line rig them?

Ricky-Ray
07-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Where are you going to be heading out of? Most likely you'll be fishing for sand bass. Either a dropper loop or a reverse dropper loop will work just fine. 1/0 or 2/0 size hook depending on how big the bait is. 2-4oz torpedo sinker depend on current. Listen to the captain on the loudspeaker when his gives the safety speech, he will usually include the game plan on what to fish for that night and also suggest how to rig up. If he doesn't or you miss it check with one of the deckhands.

Ire
07-01-2008, 04:23 PM
Newport landing is where we are heading out from. Thanks for the advise as well. If I catch anything pics will come too.

Also does anyone know where I can take a 2 day boat out for Tuna?

Ricky-Ray
07-01-2008, 04:36 PM
2 day trip. Any of the big 3 landings in San Diego would be a good choice. Islander, Condor, Prowler, Pacific Queen, Ocean Odyssey, First String, El Dorado, Black Pearl, Grande, New Lo Ann all good choices just to name a few.

Ire
07-01-2008, 04:39 PM
Hey thanks again.

vballfisher
07-01-2008, 06:06 PM
Went out on the twilight the other night and the dropper loop with the hook on the bottom and the weight on the loop worked the best. I think this is the reverse dropper loop mention before. Fish were also caught carolina rigging style as well. Both systems allow the bait to swim a little bit more and I think that was the key.