PDA

View Full Version : Freelance Twilight, Big Butt

seanboi
06-30-2008, 08:54 PM
Well last night was one of those nights, some scumbag on the boat stole my cal star and avet sx a nice 450 bucks down the drain. Anyways my friends griffy, jesse and dylan decided to go and try our luck with the bass which didnt happen, the fish had a bad case of lock jaw and there were only about five sand bass caught. Luckily my first cast produced a nice log cuda and i would of had jp but my friend griffy decided to catch a nice 18 to 20 lb halibut on the chovy. Man he was stoked his personal best. All in all it was a slow trip. Me and my friend were the lucky ones who got fish out of the sixty or so people ont the boat. Matt (fishpainter) it was nice meeting you and fishing with you, we need to do a three quarter day or something soon to the island.

me and griff with our fish
http://i31.tinypic.com/oazm1g.jpg

little pop tart butt
http://i25.tinypic.com/52dhjl.jpg

Liteliner
06-30-2008, 08:57 PM
Damn sucks that you got your stuff stolen. Gotta stay close to your stuff when you get into the marina. Your buddy got a fat old butt. Nice. Thanks for the report.

Oz
06-30-2008, 09:02 PM
man its sad that u have to literally watch your gear like a hawk now cuz people cant keep there grubby hands off your stuff...sorry to hear that man. i always wrap all my rods together as soon we start to go back in.

congrats on ya log cuda and that huge hali ya boy landed :cool:

one_leg
06-30-2008, 10:36 PM
Way to go on the fish, bummer on the theft.

I often wonder if the thief is one of the people in the pics from the trip?

Jealous a-holes messing up a great days fishing. It's Kharma for them dude!

O_L

mickeysindahouse
07-01-2008, 02:11 AM
Sorry to hear about the stolen rod/reel buddy. That really sux and I hope you marked your gear so that in the event you run into the low life who took your gear you can recover it. As previously mentioned, as soon as the boat takes off to the landing, grab your gear, wrap it up & keep your eyes on it! I always grab my rods, remove the reels, strap my rods & store my reel in my bag which remains on ME. No way I'd like to have any of my Avets or Toriums stolen by some scumbag.

Hope you recover your items and I hope the person who stole your gear loses it to the ocean! :D

By the way, nice report & awesome butt you guys picked up!

seahonk
07-01-2008, 04:17 AM
Wow that sucks about your stuff being stolen , I whould of thrown everybody off the boat untill i found the skid ball who stole my gear :mad:,, nice catch by the way :Thumbs Up:

fish4keep
07-01-2008, 08:17 AM
I don't know about you, but if something like that happens to me. I'll make the captain stop the boat and check everyone before they got off. Didn't you prep your gears before getting off??? You should've know before you got back. Or did you grab your gear after everyone was already off the boat???

I've seen tackles stolen but rod and reel? That's a first.

Stormcrow
07-01-2008, 08:49 AM
They should stop the boat and make everyone open every bag. How did they steal a rod??? WTF??? Wow, I better keep a closer eye on my stuff.

Sorry about the loss man. He will get his in the end Im sure. Once, JUST once I would love to catch someone in a bag check.

mickeysindahouse
07-01-2008, 09:32 AM
How did they steal a rod??? WTF??? Wow, I better keep a closer eye on my stuff.

Seanboi, did you by any chance **** anyone off along the trip? I wonder if somebody intentionally threw your setup overboard... Dang, that would suck!

samgann93
07-01-2008, 10:16 AM
sorry to hear about your stuff.

nice butt though.

brianw
07-01-2008, 11:21 AM
very sorry to hear about that..
im gonna keep my eyes on my rod and reel next time too

Thanks for the report, nice butt

seanboi
07-01-2008, 11:23 AM
No my friend and have a pretty good idea who did it, it was this drunk guy who when i walked to get my pole while we were fishing was holding my rod and looking at it i just didnt think he would really steal it you know what i mean, he also tried making up some excuse that he had the same rod but when i saw his gear it was all spinning shakespeare set ups, i saw my setup once we entered the harbor and i didnt notice it stolen till everyone was off the boat cause me and my friends were talking to the deckhands. All in all it was my fault for not bundling my gear up and i guess i had to learn the hard way. Thanks everybody for the support and comments

ToadsToadsOnly
07-01-2008, 12:01 PM
I used to love to run trips out of Davies locker but i've heard many o stories about people getting their stuff stolen out of that landing. I also went on three trips out of Davies last year in which two out of the three times people got their stuff stolen. An Ipod on an overnighter and wallet (the guy dreopped it) never returned. I will still go out of the landing but will make sure to keep tabs on my gear and put reel clamps on my reel so it will not be easily taken off and stolen.

FISH_HUNTER
07-01-2008, 03:07 PM
Didn't You Tell A D/hand Or The Capt.? This Happened To Me Once. I Was On The Producer Out San Diego On A Albie Trip And Had My Calcutta 400 Missing. I Also Take My Rod And Reels Apart When I Done Wetting The Line, But I Also Do A Reels Check Before The Boat Gets To The Dock. Long Story Shot Told One Of The Deck Hands And He Told The Capt. Capt Gets On The Comm. And Tells Every One On Board If The Reel Doesn't Some How Show Up Every Single Person Will Be Searched Before Deboarding! Then What Do You Know My Calcutta Mysteriously Appears In The Bathroom!

I Really Think Someone Threw Your Set Up Overboard. How Do You Not See Your Calstar Get Off The Boat?
Don't Worry What Goes Around Comes Around.

Nice Job Getting Bit With 50+ On Board! J/p Must Of Been $$$

murrieta angler
07-01-2008, 04:09 PM
Are you sure someone didn't grab it by mistake and leave their stuff behind?

That happened to me once and the gear left behind was actually better than my gear. I managed to get in touch with the 70 year old lady and went to her pad in Fallbrook and exchanged gear.

seanboi
07-01-2008, 05:01 PM
i already explained the situation above your guys comments, somebody stole it forsure cause i was the only one with a blue avet on the boat and it was on the boat when we got in the harbor.

Invid01
07-01-2008, 05:32 PM
Dude nice BUTT, been on those twilight trips and there were some shady peeps onboard, so had to get me own boat