PDA

View Full Version : Sacramento Perch???

FishPrincipal
06-30-2008, 11:09 AM
Has anyone caught any Sacramento Perch in the Bishop area?

Levianth
06-30-2008, 01:39 PM
PVR man thats the only place I have ever seen one or seen them caught.

Do you know of a different place? I am heading up in the middle of the week this week on tour with the band and I want to stop off at PVR to catch some dinner for the band...what do you use on the perch? I plan on jiggin' em or throwing a small rap. Whats the gig? anybody?

FishPrincipal
06-30-2008, 02:35 PM
Does your name happen to be Robert? This is Jeff, Chris's bro-in-law.
PVR is the only place I know of as well. Catch'em with jigs, pearl white especially.

Sparky70
06-30-2008, 03:16 PM
They run in Crowley like crazy.....Good Eating also, kinda like Crappie..

Levianth
06-30-2008, 03:46 PM
hey jeff wassappinin' buddy yeah its me...so yeah ill be up their on thursday...then i gotta go play some rock shows up in reno then over to frisco then back to reno and ill be driving through again on sunday and im going to stay until monday. Ill get with cjschock and we can meet up to conquer this sneaky fish. peace on the homefront buddy and hope to meet up again soon...i had fun at the vine w/ you guys lets go again in a few weeks

buck liggett
06-30-2008, 04:37 PM
Bridgeport reservoir also has quite a few

FishPrincipal
06-30-2008, 04:46 PM
They run in Crowley like crazy.....Good Eating also, kinda like Crappie..
any specific spots they like, or are they all over the lake?

Levianth
07-01-2008, 11:13 AM
nice fish BuckL I am just getting this mini-jig thing down. I grew up SW fishing so I am used to some good size lead but what d you find works best for these little rascalls? I assume shad is the favorite diet of these guys...anybody know what the prey on specifically?

falcor49
07-01-2008, 12:32 PM
thats a sacramento perch dam i have to catch one of those

kgselect
07-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Crowley Lake is a good bet for Sacramento perch. Try big and little Hilton Bay in the shallows. Drift jigs or night crawlers. Also, Leighton Springs is a good spot also. Good luck.

Levianth
07-01-2008, 02:56 PM
Crowley Lake is a good bet for Sacramento perch. Try big and little Hilton Bay in the shallows. Drift jigs or night crawlers. Also, Leighton Springs is a good spot also. Good luck.

what color/style on the jigs? squid/white? I will definately stop off on the way up this thursday. Thanks for the info.

ogfishjunky
07-01-2008, 08:52 PM
I would try PVR. If you tube it, try down the center. I always catch them when I get tired of casting and I drag my fly behind my tube. Right when my sinking line gets near the bottom is when I feel some dead weight. They are some weak fighters ,but taste like Crappie. The same thing also happens to me at Crowley.

Sebastian323
07-16-2008, 06:09 PM
do they live near sacramento? what is PVR

Slims
07-16-2008, 07:15 PM
PVR is pleasant valley res.

I just got back from the sierras and the most productive bait was a green/red flake 2 inch curly tailed grub for the perch.