PDA

View Full Version : bishop creek canyon (with pic)

mr. trout
06-29-2008, 09:43 PM
hey, went to the canyon for a couple days to do some fishing and had a great trip.

i got my dad to wake up early to leave to fish friday morning.
Left the house around 5am friday morning and arived into bishop about 8 45...we needed to reserve a boat for sabrina saturday morning so that was where we went first. while my dad was inside reserving it i put in a line by the dock for a little and ended up catching 3 fish...on a thomas bouyant.

it was time to check into our cabin at bishop creek..but we stopped at the pools below sabrina ...i went to the pool just below the dam where the water goues under the bridge the first time...it was really slow until something cool happened. we were just about to leave when the alpers truck pulled up and dumped three nets of alpers in the one little pool..it was a gift! he dumped 2 nets right in front of where i was fishing and immediately hooked into 5 in a matter of minutes. i was using little worms called "jerkits" that i got from a lake by my house...i swear by them. i caught a lot of fish mostly c&r except for the 5 biggest. my 5 fish stringer weighed in at 10 1/2 pounds!

they dumped in a 6 pounder also that everybody was going for and a guy ended up snagging it on the side and catching it.

saturday morning we got up early to do fish sabrina in the boat..we trolled at first around the lake and had no luck so we beached the boat and fished the main inlet in the back.. theres a real nice hole that we found and it was just wide open! i hooked into my personal best fish 5 pounds exactly.

fished some more around creekside rv saturday afternoon and caught and released a couple more.

my fried that we met up with there had waders so i got to try those out wich was a blast..except that he is 6' 8" and im 5'6" so they were a bit big but we went to wier pond and hooked up with tons of little fish.

overall my funnest trip yet and looking forward to the next.

mr. trout

SoCalGuy7
06-29-2008, 09:52 PM
Wow, Congrats on your big fish. We were just up there for the Sierra Event.
We loved it up there.... Cool they dumped the Alpers right where you were...!

SCG7

one_leg
06-29-2008, 11:09 PM
Way to go on the big 'Bow!

Too bad someone thinks it's cool to snag fish like that. It ain't!!!

What did you use to troll up there at Sabrina?

PM sent.

FishinUSA
06-29-2008, 11:53 PM
WOW!!! Congrats on pulling in that HOG. I'll be up there next week and looking for the same luck. :Envious:

Glad someone commented about snagging the alpers. Not cool, you should have pushed him in:cool:

Badfish2
06-30-2008, 01:55 AM
way to go man! You absolutely owned that lake. 5lb is pretty big for sabrina, That fish will probably be one of the biggest fish to come out of that lake all year.. good job!

FishPrincipal
06-30-2008, 08:36 AM
Sweet catch and great timing. Those alper trucks are a nice site. Ive had that experience one but the fish just scattered and wouldn't hit anything except some guys legs who was standing in the water. Congrats.

steve092
06-30-2008, 10:31 AM
Nice job on the fish man!

GdHkSet1
07-01-2008, 08:58 PM
Congrats on your PB, that's a real beauty!

mr. trout
07-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Way to go on the big 'Bow!

Too bad someone thinks it's cool to snag fish like that. It ain't!!!

What did you use to troll up there at Sabrina?

PM sent.

we used big red/gold thomas bouyants and gold kastmasters

Granny Fish
07-02-2008, 03:32 PM
Why do people feel they have to snag fish like that?

Those red and gold thomas boyants work good! :Thumbs Up:

Congrats on your nice catch and having a good time with your family.

BIGRED KILLA
07-02-2008, 03:39 PM
Nice job on the trouts and on the big boy jerkits are good what lake you got them at the fin and feather thanks for the pics and report.

Bigred

Badfish2
07-02-2008, 06:56 PM
Little man tore it up.. funny how he catches a 5lber and there's only 10 or so post on his thread, but a team 57 trip produces boat loads of dinkers and there are 6 pages worth of comments. :confused::rolleyes:

:ROFL:

Granny Fish
07-02-2008, 07:18 PM
Little man tore it up.. funny how he catches a 5lber and there's only 10 or so post on his thread, but a team 57 trip produces boat loads of dinkers and there are 6 pages worth of comments. :confused::rolleyes:

Give it time Badfish; he only posted on the 29th, the rest of us have been home for a week already. :Pillow Fight: Some of us still haven't returned. :OMG!:
BigRed - you need to learn how to read.... he said Bishop Creek!

SoCalGuy7
07-02-2008, 07:37 PM

Badfish, Little guy didn't have 30 people in his camping group....that checked out his thread.......maybe, worry about your own threads.....

Beeracuda211
07-02-2008, 08:56 PM

Maybe because he snagged the damn thing and he was fishing in a bathtub after an alpers plant in front of him... To some people fishing is a challenge ... If you want easy fishing, go to the supermarket... lol

Nice fish though! Be careful on the snagging, DFG does not take that lightly!

B/C

Badfish2
07-03-2008, 03:48 AM
Maybe because he snagged the damn thing and he was fishing in a bathtub after an alpers plant in front of him... To some people fishing is a challenge ... If you want easy fishing, go to the supermarket... lol

B/C

Do you know how to read? The kid caught it at the back of Sabrina .

Badfish2
07-03-2008, 03:48 AM
Badfish, Little guy didn't have 30 people in his camping group....that checked out his thread.......maybe, worry about your own threads.....

Didn't know worrying about threads was the thing to do.. don't get fiesty with me tough guy. Don't you have threads to start about your other threads?

Badfish2
07-03-2008, 03:50 AM
Give it time Badfish; he only posted on the 29th, the rest of us have been home for a week already. :Pillow Fight: Some of us still haven't returned. :OMG!:
BigRed - you need to learn how to read.... he said Bishop Creek!

I know, just giving people a hard time... some have no sense of humor though.

SoCalGuy7
07-03-2008, 09:31 AM
Badatitudefish...

Maybe go back and read what I posted....It was for the THREAD not MY post....Get a Clue!

It is amazing to me, how you continue to try to get attention on this site...:confused:

There are other ways of getting attention, besides just being annoying..

You could:

Chase yet another DFG stocker truck...since that is what you do. And post about it.....again.

Post more sub-interesting pics of your hand on some 10 inch stocker trout.

Change your endings to all of your posts, and have them not say " Check out my post on the Eastern Sierras "

---------------------------------------

You are knowledgeable in trout fishing.....But you really need to work on your people skills, has this always been a problem?

I've already received a handful of PMs asking me who this tool. is?

Beeracuda211
07-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Ditto, change your attitude badfish... easy does it... lol

B/C

BIGRED KILLA
07-03-2008, 07:40 PM
Lol Hey Granny i was talking about the Jerkit lures not a lot of places carry them i just no the Fin and Feather has them lol sometimes my posts can be a little confusing lol.

Bigred

mr. trout
07-03-2008, 10:30 PM

B/C

dude...wtf....i said a guy snagged an alper out of bishop creek...i caught mine at the back of sabrina!

mr. trout
07-03-2008, 10:31 PM
[QUOTE=BIGRED KILLA;209512]Nice job on the trouts and on the big boy jerkits are good what lake you got them at the fin and feather thanks for the pics and report.

ya i did get them at fin and feather lol...and i used red and orange btw

Badfish2
07-05-2008, 12:29 AM
Badatitudefish...

Maybe go back and read what I posted....It was for the THREAD not MY post....Get a Clue!

It is amazing to me, how you continue to try to get attention on this site...:confused:

There are other ways of getting attention, besides just being annoying..

You could:

Chase yet another DFG stocker truck...since that is what you do. And post about it.....again.

Post more sub-interesting pics of your hand on some 10 inch stocker trout.

Change your endings to all of your posts, and have them not say " Check out my post on the Eastern Sierras "

---------------------------------------

You are knowledgeable in trout fishing.....But you really need to work on your people skills, has this always been a problem?

I've already received a handful of PMs asking me who this tool. is?

Socaltool,

You know nothing about me, or my people skills. Problem with people skills? Because I don't ride everyones jock on the site like you do? You are the internet's biggest kiss a s s period! Is that how you make friends? Kissing people's a s s e s on the internet? Your family must be proud.
Dude, if you want to know what I'm like, meet up in person. Don't be a douche and talk crap to me here on a website. NOT everyone has to conform to YOUR standards. I get just as many PMs asking me for fishing advice as you from people asking about me. How loser are those people? Sending pms about me to you? You guys are like a bunch of gossiping women.:Gay Fight: Do you guys share parfume secrets too? Kiss and tell?:Secret: Wow, you guys have it together don't you. :ROFL: Dude, ignore me if you don't want to deal with it. There is that feature no? If you can't figure that out.. or can't hang then don't respond. Takes a lot more to gain respect from me than nut hugging one of my fishing reports. Truck chaser? You've got to be kidding me.. you're the one that fishes every weekend at Diamond Valley? No? So those trout are natural right? They've never stocked trout there? :confused:You catch a couple of minnow fish and you think that makes you have a big penis and hair grow on your bald head? Please bro.. If i remember correct... YOU came to ME for advice about trout fishing, remember that? Do i need to post up the PM? You're still pissed because I called you out on hiding pictures of your fishing spots but not having any problems plastering pictures of your wife all over a fishing forum. :LOL: Such respect you have there brotha... work on your own life before you criticize others. I make plenty of money, own a house, have awesome friends, and take plenty of fishing trips.. but wait, what's missing from that? Oh yeah, the respect of Socalguy on Fishing forums.net. I know you hate your life, and your banana scanning job. But don't take it out on other people. Work on your own life, take care of yours and worry about yours. I'm easy going bro, just not to toolbags like you.:ROFL: Tit for tat.. Get lost punk.

Beercuda, you understand what Socaltool wrote but not what that kid wrote about in his fishing report? Looks like you have selective reading skills to me.:Finger:

SoCalGuy7
07-05-2008, 08:40 AM
Socaltool,

You know nothing about me, or my people skills. Problem with people skills? Because I don't ride everyones jock on the site like you do? You are the internet's biggest kiss a s s period! Is that how you make friends? Kissing people's a s s e s on the internet? Your family must be proud.
Dude, if you want to know what I'm like, meet up in person. Don't be a douche and talk crap to me here on a website. NOT everyone has to conform to YOUR standards. I get just as many PMs asking me for fishing advice as you from people asking about me. How loser are those people? Sending pms about me to you? You guys are like a bunch of gossiping women.:Gay Fight: Do you guys share parfume secrets too? Kiss and tell?:Secret: Wow, you guys have it together don't you. :ROFL: Dude, ignore me if you don't want to deal with it. There is that feature no? If you can't figure that out.. or can't hang then don't respond. Takes a lot more to gain respect from me than nut hugging one of my fishing reports. Truck chaser? You've got to be kidding me.. you're the one that fishes every weekend at Diamond Valley? No? So those trout are natural right? They've never stocked trout there? :confused:You catch a couple of minnow fish and you think that makes you have a big penis and hair grow on your bald head? Please bro.. If i remember correct... YOU came to ME for advice about trout fishing, remember that? Do i need to post up the PM? You're still pissed because I called you out on hiding pictures of your fishing spots but not having any problems plastering pictures of your wife all over a fishing forum. :LOL: Such respect you have there brotha... work on your own life before you criticize others. I make plenty of money, own a house, have awesome friends, and take plenty of fishing trips.. but wait, what's missing from that? Oh yeah, the respect of Socalguy on Fishing forums.net. I know you hate your life, and your banana scanning job. But don't take it out on other people. Work on your own life, take care of yours and worry about yours. I'm easy going bro, just not to toolbags like you.:ROFL: Tit for tat.. Get lost punk.

Beercuda, you understand what Socaltool wrote but not what that kid wrote about in his fishing report? Looks like you have selective reading skills to me.:Finger:

First of all, you stole my "tool" reference...nice originality.
Second, I don't recall kissing anyone's backside....I'll leave that up to you
with the WON cover guy......

You are totally wrong on so many levels here....This whole thing started when YOU were bashing a post I made that had some blackouts....so what, like you said if you don't like it don't look...right?

Go ahead, I PM'd you about the Sierras, an area I never fished in...big deal...That was before you jumped on my post, previously mentioned..

Who I put pictures of, on my posts is my business....B u t t out...Once again not for you to decide, just like the blackouts....

I am not a Banana scanner....And make a nice living...
I did not ask about your personal life and don't really care.

You did cross a line mentioning my wife, and I feel like I am the bigger man by not mentioning your family, including your daughter....That was classless and I expect an apology.

If we were in person I would have asked you for one. So I will do it here..

I've only fished DVL 4 times so your wrong there as well....amazing...those
"minnows" combined for 8.5 lbs....and were a nice catch, you have to admit.

You mentioned here and previously, quite a few times about male genetalia, it seems to be an infatuation with you, but that is your business. I just ask that maybe tone it down a little, there are children who read these...

You are the angry one here, it must come from some inner unhappiness. You don't see me commenting on your family or looks, seems a little immature.

I have a good life and tons of friends..maybe too many! ( you asked)

Maybe, we need to meet up and discuss this...(no, Not code for a physical fight) an actual meeting...sometimes people interpret writing in the wrong sort of tone....

I usually get along with everyone here ( no not kiss bu tt) It's just been you and another guy who no longer is a member......Not sure if I had anything to do with that.....maybe.

I get a few PMs a week, been invited on a couple of boats...Usually pretty smooth.

I'm a little confused on the approval and conforming thing....I DID ask you to not divulge a location, once, and I explained that it wasn't my spot to give out....no matter how insignificant you think that is...I was just keep my word...I would do it for you if you asked...

SCG7

BishopTrouter
07-05-2008, 09:31 AM
hey good job out there mr trout! thats a really nice fish,,,, gotta love that sabrina inlet

chris
07-05-2008, 09:37 AM
that is a killer fish congrats. I'm going to have to fish this area this year

Badfish2
07-05-2008, 09:39 AM
First of all, you stole my "tool" reference...nice originality.
Second, I don't recall kissing anyone's backside....I'll leave that up to you
with the WON cover guy......

You are totally wrong on so many levels here....This whole thing started when YOU were bashing a post I made that had some blackouts....so what, like you said if you don't like it don't look...right?

Go ahead, I PM'd you about the Sierras, an area I never fished in...big deal...That was before you jumped on my post, previously mentioned..

Who I put pictures of, on my posts is my business....B u t t out...Once again not for you to decide, just like the blackouts....

I am not a Banana scanner....And make a nice living...
I did not ask about your personal life and don't really care.

You did cross a line mentioning my wife, and I feel like I am the bigger man by not mentioning your family, including your daughter....That was classless and I expect an apology.

If we were in person I would have asked you for one. So I will do it here..

I've only fished DVL 4 times so your wrong there as well....amazing...those
"minnows" combined for 8.5 lbs....and were a nice catch, you have to admit.

You mentioned here and previously, quite a few times about male genetalia, it seems to be an infatuation with you, but that is your business. I just ask that maybe tone it down a little, there are children who read these...

You are the angry one here, it must come from some inner unhappiness. You don't see me commenting on your family or looks, seems a little immature.

I have a good life and tons of friends..maybe too many! ( you asked)

Maybe, we need to meet up and discuss this...(no, Not code for a physical fight) an actual meeting...sometimes people interpret writing in the wrong sort of tone....

I usually get along with everyone here ( no not kiss bu tt) It's just been you and another guy who no longer is a member......Not sure if I had anything to do with that.....maybe.

I get a few PMs a week, been invited on a couple of boats...Usually pretty smooth.

I'm a little confused on the approval and conforming thing....I DID ask you to not divulge a location, once, and I explained that it wasn't my spot to give out....no matter how insignificant you think that is...I was just keep my word...I would do it for you if you asked...

SCG7

I didn't pick the word tool because I stole it from you, I picked it because it suits you so well. You're right, it is your business to post up pictures of your wife, and not "your fishing spot", but don't then come into a thread, and insult another member of the forum and not expect them to use EVERYTHING you've posted in the past to rip on you. I seriously went easy on you Socaltoolbag... I could have tore into you a lot worse. I figured taking it that far would be out of line. If you want to meet up, that's cool with me. I still think it's a douchebag move to bait people into ripping on you and your family. If that's how it is..that's fine. Look at my post count? You know how it got that high? Fishing reports, and arguing with you. Maybe I have you all wrong, but just like you claim, I can only go off what you post.