PDA

View Full Version : fished early 6/29/08 personal best 4 PE

pineapple express
06-29-2008, 08:54 PM
aloha fellow fisher peps
pulled another all nighter... my second this year.
had the chance to fish aboard my buddies boat, 24 skip jack. Dan is a true fish maniac...hard core fisherman. he fished by himself early sat & had the best bite on huge white sea bass from 1am-4:am. he ended up getting his limit of 3 bass, all 35lbs. now thats crazy doing it by yourself. try gaffing & fighting these fish @ the same time....um yeah.

so Dan calls me sat afternoon around 4:30 pm & asked me if i wanted to fish tonight through early morning sunday. i was like heck yeah...!!! it was Capt.Dan, another buddy & me. 3 guys on the boat. while we are getting ready to meet up with his other buddy, he cancels out.
so only me & Dan on this excursion. we left newport harbor @ 10:00pm with some sweeeeet candy baits he had left in the tank from the previous night. we get set up @ around midnight. the wind was up & chop to go along with it. it was a little rough out there. we were the only boat on the secret spot... don't ask cuz i aint telling...just one of those things you respect of the captain taking you out to his spot... enough said. know what im saying...

the first hook up came around 12:35 am when both my rods go off
& gets tangled. we tried real hard to keep tension on but both went slack after a 5 minute tug feast. the bite was on from 12:30-4:30am & it was over. when the dust settled,
i hooked 4 & only landed 1 nice 30 pounder. dan hooks 5 & only lands 1 nice 27 1/2 pounder... these things were HUGE ...!!! we used #40 rigs & at times it didnt seem like it was enough to turn these fishes heads. kept peeling line off our reels like crazy... i was impressed with the sheer power of these guys. my very first legal WSB 46"er...#30 lbs very nice....!!! guess what were having on the 4th ??? fish tacos YO....!!!
here are some pictures after we got home.
tight lines
PE

troutdog
06-29-2008, 08:58 PM
Beautiful fish PE, congrats on that PB wsb...awesome! Levitz corner right?:LOL:

TD

Oz
06-29-2008, 09:02 PM
wtg on your WO bite on the ghosts :cool:

Ricky-Ray
06-29-2008, 09:05 PM
Dude, congrats on your first seabass and what a toad it is. Those things are great eating. Good thing about seabass is they don't have the stamina like yellowtail. They are only good for one or maybe two good runs and then that's pretty much it.

one_leg
06-29-2008, 09:06 PM
Danny, you're killin me Bro!!! Congrats to you both. Fillets for days!!!

One_Leg

pineapple express
06-30-2008, 07:36 AM
Beautiful fish PE, congrats on that PB wsb...awesome! Levitz corner right?:LOL:

TD
how did you know TD ? ssshhh... b4 this spot gets over taken by every tom, dick & harry.
no....seriously... it was so nice to have this spot all to ourselves. NO one else around. when a capt. puts his time on the water like Dan does... the rewards are AWESOME...!!!
he deserves to keep it on the hush.

wtg on your WO bite on the ghosts :cool: mahaloz bruddah

Dude, congrats on your first seabass and what a toad it is. Those things are great eating. Good thing about seabass is they don't have the stamina like yellowtail. They are only good for one or maybe two good runs and then that's pretty much it.
ricky these things didn't give up brah... most the fish we got to fight awhile b4 loosing em
by hook pulled. such a heart breaker to almost have @ gaff....then the slack line.
1 rod, the senator 4/0 with a serious drag set & it keep running. when i finally started to gain line... i had a loop on the spool & when this sucker went for another run..... i hear the ssssssnap sound......aaawww man. that would have been nice to land that guy. too bad it wasn't on one of my set-ups. this was a boat rod... oh well. Dans sweet rig goes off, the rig i land my 30lb on was an avet lx 2... that thing is wicked smoooooth. i think im in love. i gotta start saving $$$$$$$.

Danny, you're killin me Bro!!! Congrats to you both. Fillets for days!!!

One_Leg

dude that sucker was a beoitch to clean. wheres the deckies when you need um...
hahahahaha. i did a pretty good job tough...

DavidE
06-30-2008, 07:46 AM
You dog you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to slam um !!! Awesome you got a chance to get out afterall. You didn't miss anything on the Albie run I took. Weather was cr@p, the boat I rode was narrow (you know that is for a gentleman of my stature) and top heavy. We got 1 Mako for our efforts ALL DAY.

Do you feel sorry enough for me yet to hook a budah up with some WSB??? LOL

Peace out bro.... Congratz

pineapple express
06-30-2008, 09:10 AM
You dog you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to slam um !!! Awesome you got a chance to get out afterall. You didn't miss anything on the Albie run I took. Weather was cr@p, the boat I rode was narrow (you know that is for a gentleman of my stature) and top heavy. We got 1 Mako for our efforts ALL DAY.

Do you feel sorry enough for me yet to hook a budah up with some WSB??? LOL

Peace out bro.... Congratz

my luck continues... you know my streak im on. im destined to go to vegas soon.
oh shizzal... sounds like we did ok after all.. i was wondering how the offshore scene did
over the weekend. very rare when i get these last minute calls that im able to go. you don't know how many trips i had to pass on b4 this one. this trip was perfect timing bro. right time on all aspects of this get away. wifey was like ... i guess so ?
lol... i said ok....love you bye !!!
mos def my bruddah.... if your not doing anything for the 4th... you & your o'hana are more than welcome to join us for a dual party with our neighbors. my wifes bday & their buddies bday so a good reason to celebrate with fresh fish tacos & a kegger....hahahaha...!!! ill holla at cha later 2 day...
peace

Fisherman57
06-30-2008, 09:24 AM
Awesome Danny! :Thumbs Up:
Congrats on your PB Ghost!

Hope to see you and your son at "Legends II"

Dana
Fisherman 57

JapanRon
06-30-2008, 12:44 PM
Hi pinapple express,

Congrats ..... nice report and pics !!

Appreciated,

JapanRon

cappo
06-30-2008, 01:11 PM
Wow nice toads. Did you keep the stones?

steve092
06-30-2008, 01:31 PM
Nice job on the WSBs guys!

4g63power
06-30-2008, 05:03 PM
damn danny! congrats on your first big croaker! very nice one too! we gotta get out to kill more fish again soon bro

Liteliner
06-30-2008, 05:32 PM
Congrats on your first and pb ghost. I caught my first legal ghost last year. My pb also at 31#'s. Bummer about the rest of the fish gettin away.

pineapple express
06-30-2008, 10:22 PM
Awesome Danny! :Thumbs Up:
Congrats on your PB Ghost!

Hope to see you and your son at "Legends II"

Dana
Fisherman 57

mahaloz bruddah dana
yes... kainoa & i ...are looking forward to the Legends...

Hi pinapple express,

Congrats ..... nice report and pics !!

Appreciated,

JapanRon

coming from the true report master himself... mahaloz Japan Ron

Wow nice toads. Did you keep the stones?
but of course cappo... i hope to keep my good luck streak going. i was told
the stones are a good luck charm... is that true ?

Nice job on the WSBs guys!
mahaloz steve092

damn danny! congrats on your first big croaker! very nice one too! we gotta get out to kill more fish again soon bro
i heard that jimmy... we have to get the charter master DavidE going again on his
famous overnighter trips.

Congrats on your first and pb ghost. I caught my first legal ghost last year. My pb also at 31#'s. Bummer about the rest of the fish gettin away.
mahaloz liteliner... dan & i where wondering what we did wrong to loose all those fish...
the night before dan landed 3-35 pounder by himself & only lost 1. between the both of us we landed only 2 fish out of 9 hook ups. we are still scratching our heads.
at first we thought our drags were too tight so we adjusted. then we thought we were horsing them instead of fighting um first... no... just wasn't in our cards to have more than 1 each. we were so happy to bring something home :)

samgann93
07-01-2008, 10:30 AM
great report
nice fish.

Troutman65
07-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Nice catch !!!!

:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Thanks for the report PE.

TM65