PDA

View Full Version : New Float Tube

tapeworm
06-27-2008, 07:05 PM
I just picked up a new float tube from craigslist. They were not advertising what type they had, but it so happened to be the one I've been looking for. A Caddis Nevada Gold, paid $60 for a brand new one in box. The tube and the bladders still sealed in their original packaging. :LOL:

Maybe I should have posted before I purchased it, but I read a few reviews here and there and it seemed like a good tube to get. I wanted something with tons of storage space/pockets as well as comfortable and this tube seemed to fit the bill. Then after e-mailing the person and asking what type of tube they had they told me it was a Nevada gold, so I picked it up in a heartbeat. I also picked up another brand new one they had a Navigator II, but that ended up going to a friend. I paid $120 for both tubes, brand new sealed in boxes.

Any thoughts on the Nevada Gold? Should I have gone a different route? Good tube? Bad tube?

tapeworm
06-27-2008, 07:06 PM
Not sure if there is a new one or not, but this is the one I picked up.

http://www.caddissports.com/Images/nevadagold_specs.jpg

joe man
06-27-2008, 10:25 PM
I have one that is a little olde but I like it. I paid about the same price for mine used and have no regrets. There are better tubes but for the price you got a good enough deal.

Ronira
06-28-2008, 08:18 PM
Both tubes for that price seems like sweet deal dawg, now go catch some fish. Good luck with the new tube.

sonarbp
06-30-2008, 08:33 AM
I would have kept the nav II instead of the Nevada!!!! Nav II is a better tube and more stable...yeah it is a bit bigger but has tons of storage.

sonarbp

tapeworm
06-30-2008, 04:36 PM
I would have kept the nav II instead of the Nevada!!!! Nav II is a better tube and more stable...yeah it is a bit bigger but has tons of storage.

sonarbp

It doesn't have more storage than the Nevada, we aired them up and it was just a different style. I prefer the u-boat over the pontoon, but since we go out fishing together I will give it a try, but personally I liked the Nevada better, granted he might sit a little higher and have an easier time fishing, but I can bring tons of stuff to make it worth while.;)

Socal Bassman
07-01-2008, 12:14 PM
I've heard nothing but good things about that tube. Good price too. Enjoy your new toy.

sonarbp
07-01-2008, 01:07 PM
It doesn't have more storage than the Nevada, we aired them up and it was just a different style. I prefer the u-boat over the pontoon, but since we go out fishing together I will give it a try, but personally I liked the Nevada better, granted he might sit a little higher and have an easier time fishing, but I can bring tons of stuff to make it worth while.;)

Hey tapeworm.....fish whatever you like best!!! you got one great deal for both tubes.
If you ever want to fish the harbors drop me a line.

sonarbp

tapeworm
07-01-2008, 02:16 PM
Might hit up perris this week:cool: Not sure where to take this guy out yet.