PDA

View Full Version : June 14 & 15th Fathers Day

DaFish
06-26-2008, 10:32 PM
Fished Mary the 14th and my son caught 7 dfg trout and me and my daughter caught 5.
Was a nice day. Noticed my rodholder on my float tube was sagging.
the fishing was pretty good but we did not try to move around the lake. Tried out my force fins and hodgeman wading boots. Great comfort but with a sinking tube this would make you sink a lot faster than regular fins and could be a problem taking everything off. I will consider getting a life vest after the leak. The fishcat has 4 air cells if you count the cushions. This I feel is safer than only one cell in other tubes.

15th we went to Mamie. Not to many people there. I tubed in the morning saw some big fish but not alot of smaller ones. They were jumping in the morning. One guy in a Boat caught a 6 to 8 lber and were so happy after waiting 4 hours or so and nothing.

Float tube started to sink. Outcast Fishcat deluxe. Took it to shore and found out the air cell inside had a leak at the seem. It was a pretty good leak I found out. I later called and found out it was covered under warranty for up to 5 years. They sent me a new aircell.
It was kinda hard to get out the old cell and then slide in the new one. But glad it is back to working.

Alot of pics from upper twin and mamie. The fishing was mostly slow at Mamie. Maybe cause it was Sunday. But there were some big alpers coming out of there. I saw a 4lber Friday at Ricks, then another 4lber saturday and then from a distance the big fish come out from the boaters. That was fat fish.

Ate at the Stove Friday - Seafood pasta was great.
Saturday. Salmon and potato.
Friday lunch picked up Eric Schatts turkey and roastbeef sandwiches to go and save some for sat. That was great.

I think i need a little bit of time to acclimate to the altitude.
Stop by Manazanar and took some pics on the other camera.

Wanted to go to Saddlebag but the guys at the shops were not to sure about the road.
Would like to go in July but not sure I can get away. This might be my only vacation this year. Alot less people this year. Gas prices have affected crowds. $4.99 for reg in Mammoth

FISH_HUNTER
06-27-2008, 09:26 AM
You have a beautiful family.

Sorry about your tube.

Fishing with your kids in the Sierra's.......life is good.

one_leg
06-27-2008, 09:35 AM
Glad you had a great time.

That first trout is a beauty! Congrats to you all.

Thanks for the report.

O_L

DaFish
06-27-2008, 12:10 PM
You have a beautiful family.

Sorry about your tube.

Fishing with your kids in the Sierra's.......life is good.

Thanks Fish Hunter.

My son won $20 for the most fish and I guess I get to pay myself of the biggest.
But the biggest was only about a pound.

It is always fun and the Sierra's I always look forward too.

Hope to get up there again even for a short time.