PDA

View Full Version : Lucky Craft Metalic Sardine

Deek
06-26-2008, 12:08 PM
Stopped in at Performance Tackle the other day, saw they got in some Lucky Craft MS Metalic sardine. They only have about 8 left, they had to fight to get these baits. They are located in Los Alamitos, number is 714-826-1400.

ToadsToadsOnly
06-26-2008, 02:56 PM
Fisherman's access ($22) and Savon Tackle($25) has them also. Good thing Savon always have their fishing Tackle/Gear for soo cheap.

DarkShadow
06-26-2008, 03:15 PM
Does anybody have any experience using other non LC type baits?

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/2217/halibut2ze8.jpg

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/160/mbassui1.jpg

?

bsp
06-26-2008, 03:31 PM
Fisherman's access ($22) and Savon Tackle($25) has them also. Good thing Savon always have their fishing Tackle/Gear for soo cheap.

Those are really jacked up prices! I got mine for $16.

DS: I have used ito 110s and I feel that they require a faster retrieve to use. The LC have great action when slow cranked as well as fast cranked. I know people who use ima, Daiwa, and Zipbaits too. The ima Heavy Surfer 90 is the only one I have experience with, and I do not like it. I know that it would be good in heavy current or surf conditions, but I do not really fish those conditions so it is a dud for me. The contact node, daiwa shoreline shiner, and zipbaits minnows all look good, but I am waiting to pull the trigger on them. I need to convince myself that it is ok to spend $25 on a lure that may or may not work.

DarkShadow
06-26-2008, 03:41 PM
DS: I have used ito 110s and I feel that they require a faster retrieve to use. The LC have great action when slow cranked as well as fast cranked. I know people who use ima, Daiwa, and Zipbaits too. The ima Heavy Surfer 90 is the only one I have experience with, and I do not like it. I know that it would be good in heavy current or surf conditions, but I do not really fish those conditions so it is a dud for me. The contact node, daiwa shoreline shiner, and zipbaits minnows all look good, but I am waiting to pull the trigger on them. I need to convince myself that it is ok to spend $25 on a lure that may or may not work.

BSP,

Thanks for the 411. I run into some of these Iwashi patterns frequently while perusing for the LMB stuff, and just can't help buying some and hitting the surf to see what they can produce.

Im was just curious because I hear the LC name often, and was wondering if it was because nobody had tried anything else because the LCs are all they can get domestically, or whether they had and the LCs straight up outfish all the rest.

But as you said, at $20 or more a pop, I'd rather buy the patterns and models I need for the fresh, since I rarely saltwater fish. It's hard forking out $20 or more, when a $3 Kastmaster gets my surf rod bent.

jerryG
06-27-2008, 01:26 AM

?

I used to preach the effectiveness of LC lures for flatfish to my buddy Toads Only until he decided to put them to test and became a believer. The LC flash minnow is going to catch halibut but it's not the only game in town by any means.

The Diawa suspending TD minnow is a deadly halibut bait.. Some friends of mine (TO) were out recently halibut fishing and they told me that the Diawa TD minnow out fished the LC Flash minnow by 3(TD minnow) to 1 (flash minnow). The Mega Bass Ito is also a deadly on the halibut. Another lure that is widely over looked yet extremely effective on the halibut is the Lucky craft pointer..There have times when I could'nt buy a bite on the flash minnow then switched to the pointer and started catching Halibut. Pointers are every bit as effective as the flash minnow for halibut however the flash minnows have become the trend among surf anglers who for the most part unwilling to experiment with other high (cost) quality jerkbaits.

The iwashi color is pretty sick as is the metallic sardine.I have lures in both the Iwashi and metallic sardine colors there is slight difference between the two. My favorite color s Arora Black I've caught more halibut on the Arora Black then any other color.

JerryG

jerryG
06-27-2008, 01:47 AM

?

I used to preach the effectiveness these lures have on flatfish to my buddy Toads Only until he decided to put them to test and became a believer. The LC in metalic Sardine or Arora Black (just as effective as Metallic Sardine if not more so IMO) is going to catch halibut but it's not the only game in town by any means.

The Diawa suspending TD minnow is a deadly halibut bait.. Some friends of mine (TO) were out recently halibut fishing and they told me that the Diawa TD minnow out fished the LC Flash minnow by 3(TD minnow) to 1 (flash minnow). The Mega Bass Ito is also a deadly on the halibut. Another lure that is widely over looked yet extremely effective on the halibut is the Lucky craft pointer..There have plenty of times when I could not buy bite on the flash minnow and switched to the pointer and started catching Halibut. Pointers are every bit as effective as the flash minnow for halibut. Flash minnows have become a trend among surf anglers.

The iwashi color is pretty sick as is the metallic sardine.I have lures in both the Iwashi and metallic sardine there is slight difference between the two. My favorite color s Arora Black I've caught more halibut on the Arora Black then any other color.

JerryG

bsp
06-27-2008, 10:43 AM
BSP,

Thanks for the 411. I run into some of these Iwashi patterns frequently while perusing for the LMB stuff, and just can't help buying some and hitting the surf to see what they can produce.

Im was just curious because I hear the LC name often, and was wondering if it was because nobody had tried anything else because the LCs are all they can get domestically, or whether they had and the LCs straight up outfish all the rest.

But as you said, at $20 or more a pop, I'd rather buy the patterns and models I need for the fresh, since I rarely saltwater fish. It's hard forking out $20 or more, when a $3 Kastmaster gets my surf rod bent.

I know what you mean about the kastmasters. Perch and YFC eat them up!
I recently started looking at alternatives when it became really difficult to find LCs. I am not paying five to ten dollars more than MSRP for a lure, no matter how well it works. If the LC scarcity trend continues, then I will be buying the (relatively) cheaper alternatives. There are many Japanese seabass lures out there, and once I lose all my LCs then I will be forced to try them. Supposedly LC is going to reintroduce the SWFM 110, but if they do not then it is nice to have options.

LBSea
06-27-2008, 12:17 PM
Picked up a couple of the Owner Rip-N-Minnow 110 in Blue/Black as an alternate to LC-110 Metalic Sardine. The Blue/Black color looks very similar to LC Metalic Sardine, the weight and size is close too and the price, well how does $8.99 sound. Hooks are quality and I don't see any reason to change out like with the LC. Give these a look, I am supprized more people have not tried these yet.

Doug