PDA

View Full Version : Quick stop in Mission Bay

klocked
06-25-2008, 11:22 PM
Took my son to Sea World today which was fun. He got tired it around 7pm and we left. I just couldn't see heading back to the L.A. area without wetting a line there in San Diego first.

I hadn't planned to fish today so without a plan we ended up at Mariners Basin in Mission Bay. I fished the southwest beach for less than an hour and hooked up on 3 beans in that time using the LCFM 110 Aurora Black.
Took a pic of the 1st, the other 2 were smaller models and I was too burnt to bother with pics.

All 3 c&r'd
here's the pic....
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn39/klocked/Im002668.jpg

Klocked

Wingnut
06-25-2008, 11:36 PM
Wow, catching Corbina on the LC.. I've been trying to do that for months! That does look like a Bean not a YFC. One is tough enough, but three... well done. :Thumbs Up:

samgann93
06-25-2008, 11:36 PM
great job.

nice fish.

tacklejunkie
06-26-2008, 04:00 AM
3 beans on the LC! :Shocked:
Very nice work! :cool:

one_leg
06-26-2008, 07:00 AM
I was too burnt to bother with pics.

Nice job out there. Looks like you got a bit more sun than you had planned? :Embarrassed:

Thanks for the report and congrats to you.

steve092
06-26-2008, 07:20 AM
Nice job!

It's always nice getting a line in new waters.

klocked
07-04-2008, 11:07 AM
Wow, catching Corbina on the LC.. I've been trying to do that for months! That does look like a Bean not a YFC. One is tough enough, but three... well done. :Thumbs Up:

Thanks Wingnut,

After getting to the water and casting the lc out as far as I could, I then realized that it isn't very deep because my lc started digging into the sand on retrieve. I had to use a stop and go retrieve to keep it from digging into the sand.
Small little boils of bait fish would appear and I would cast directly over and beyond these boils and 3 out of the 70 or so casts that I made, I was able to hook up. I certainly wasn't expecting corbina.

great job. nice fish.

Thanks

3 beans on the LC! :Shocked:
Very nice work! :cool:

Thanks TJ

I was too burnt to bother with pics.
Klocked
Nice job out there. Looks like you got a bit more sun than you had planned? :Embarrassed:

Thanks for the report and congrats to you.
Thanks O_L
Yes burnt I was, it was still in the 80's when we were stopped for a little fishing. As you can see I was wearing a jacket because the ocean breeze on my burnt skin made it feel like it was in the 60's. What sucks though is that I used a spray on sunscreen that, I think was removed from all the sweating I did. Either that or getting splashed in Shamoo stadium and a few other shows:Envious:

Nice job!

It's always nice getting a line in new waters.

Thanks steve, I wasn't expecting much because I didn't have fishing planned but it turned out ok. It sure is nice down there, really nice scenery, clean beaches and free parking.

supasportkid
07-04-2008, 12:16 PM
good job man! i try to take a set up every where i go too.