PDA

View Full Version : WFO Calico & 'Cuda Limits 6/25/08

kichigai1
06-25-2008, 08:56 PM
Hey everybody

Well i didn't have any work today and have been itching badly to get something on the IRON...............Mission accomplished

hopped on the SO.CAL ( 1/2 day $35 )out of Pierpoint Landing right next to the aquairium.
if you remeber correctly this is the landing that PUPPET and I went and slayed the ALBIES late last year.
Their counts have been higher than any of the San Pedro/LB landings so i decided to give it a go----AND WAS SO HAPPY I did i only caught 1 fish on bait - the rest i caught on the Iron,LC,or swimbaits .
The action started off with us making a quick 15 min ride after getting bait and it was beautiful - 5mins after they put down the pick it started - 1st fish a nice calico on the dine then I switched to iron ( light green) and got slammed by a 4 lb Calico + a few more - then i tried and farmed 3 'Cuda on the jig- said forget it and switched out to the trusty LC factory tuned:wink: every other cast and it was on, even the iron guys were scratching their heads here I am fishing #12 with a luckycraft and I am pulling them in left and right -while they were ignoring the iron , well i finally got sick of the "Cuda so i switched to the trusty MC where i got a few nice Bass and DOH more Cuda ......grrrrrrrrrrrr at the height of the action we literally had a few hundred fish (mostly calico) swimming off the stern.

I've fished all the San Pedro /LA landings and i have to say this is now going to be my ONLY landing the crew was great -the fellow anglers were mellow and the action was Non -stop and for $35 really good times Ive been on 3/4 days where I've only caught 3 or4 around ....not today I had LIMITS of Calicos and Barracuda +more

get em before the water turns or they get mobbed
tired and happy
MIKE

Fisherman57
06-25-2008, 09:01 PM
SWEET!

Congrats on a great trip Mike!

samgann93
06-25-2008, 11:43 PM
great trip.

id pay 35 bucks for that many fish
any day.

one_leg
06-26-2008, 06:01 AM
But if I take that boat I would miss fishing with JapanRon!

Maybe just once will be ok?

Thanks for the report.

JapanRon
06-26-2008, 03:17 PM
Hi Kichigai1,

Thanks for the report on the So Cal ! I was on the Victory that day ... will report later. The So Cal is a great boat and whether it's Ryan or Collin in the wheelhouse and whichever regular decks .... the boat gets fish !! You will find that pretty much each weekday there are a different set of regulars some going more than once a week !!

Glad you tried and like the whole deal !!

PS: Don't guess you're a member of the Kichigai fishing club?

JapanRon