PDA

View Full Version : Laguna Beach...

murrieta angler
06-25-2008, 04:00 PM
Howdy All,
I booked a room for a couple of nights at the Montage in Laguna Beach for my 16th wedding anniversary. They have like 1/4 mile to 1/2 mile of beach, I think, and I was wondering if anyone has ever fished there before and if so what type of fish were hitting. All comments welcome Thank You

fish_sauce
06-25-2008, 04:49 PM
That area is nice this time of the year.

Go a little bit to your north and you have Corona Del Mar, Crystal Cove....Go a little south and you have Aliso Beach Park, or Dana Point if you're willing to go further...all places will produce good fishing spots...especially where you find kelp and rock structures, you will run into some very interesting fish.

You can easily have a five to six species day out there...the warmer water of summer months really help with the bite...it all depends on how you target them...and they include (but not limited to) various types of perch, California Halibut, Calico Bass, Sand Bass, Corbina, Croakers, sharks, rays, etc, etc...

Also, if you're planning to hit the surf, go very early...laguna beach can easily get congested with beach goers very quickly...and avoid fishing at night...most of the beaches have curfews and law enforcements there could be preeetty strict...

murrieta angler
07-01-2008, 03:49 PM
Thanks Fish Sauce for your reply, it was deeply appreciated.

pasadenafishin
07-01-2008, 05:38 PM
ive stayed at the montage 2 times and fished both times. right out front on the beach there are alot of fish. mainly perch and yellow tailed croaker, but the occasional bass. I fished with a C rigged camo gulp! sand worm. fish RIGHT out front down the stairs at the beach, cast right next to the rock with all of the tidal pools and mussels. Good luck

4g63power
07-01-2008, 09:17 PM
try walking down to the rocks and use small hooks tipped with squid or gulp and a light sinker like 1/4oz or 1/2oz carolina rigged or drop shotted.we've caught kelpfish, opaleye, perch and small calicos. good luck!