PDA

View Full Version : Lake McClure McSwain... who's been lately?

Badfish2
06-25-2008, 04:57 AM
Anyone? I fished here a few years back and it was pretty good.. what's going on there right now? Any salmon action?

THE MEXI-CAN!!!!
06-25-2008, 10:23 PM
check out the www.fresnobee.com and check out the fishing reports as of lately its been pretty good. im heading up there in 2 weeks for the weekend of the 12th and 13th of july.
mcswain has never let me down of all the years i been going there. never been skunked there. from what it said try be there SS RELIEF area. maybe ill see u up there!!

Badfish2
06-27-2008, 04:13 AM
Thanks for the post.. I think I'm going to do a trip up there in the fall when it's cooled. I know it gets crazy hot there even though the water stays cool because of the merced.

THE MEXI-CAN!!!!
06-27-2008, 09:37 AM
jus float tube mcswain itll keep u cool plus u can swim anytime there!!! im gonna be float tubin it the whole weekend i cant wait to get up there feel like a lil kid when i go up there!!! lol

Badfish2
06-28-2008, 02:34 AM
Hell yeah, I bet there are some monster trout in there... there has to be. Tons of food for the fish and cool water year round for hold overs. I've only been there once, found it on accident crusing up J16

Badfish2
07-11-2008, 01:15 AM
Nobody gone yet? I heard some dude caught a 12lber out of McSwain the other day.

dockboy
07-12-2008, 06:54 PM
Trout are typicallly up the river arms in McClure this time of year. There are indeed some very big fish in McClure. Most of the fish at McSwain will be a bit shallower and the thermocline (where the water column sees the most oxygen in the hotter months) will be a bit shallowers than McClure. For trolling, a downrigger or a lot of leadcore is the best way to get down. I prefer downriggers because you can use light tackle. But if I was going to McClure, I wouldn't bother with the trout right now. The spots are great fishing right now. Topwater is awesome, and with spotties you can call them up alll day long on a big Spook or a larger popper. You should be able to find a ton of the typical 1-2lb spot schoools right now.