PDA

View Full Version : Hey Locals

BassinDas
06-24-2008, 12:26 PM
My dad wants to hit some evening pier fishing for whatever is out there to be caught. Any suggestions as to where we should try? I live in Long Beach so I hope there is something close to me. Also, what should I get for bait?

Thanks in advance!

Don

crappie stalker
06-24-2008, 01:32 PM
Skip the pier and go right on the rocks in front of the Queen Mary.. get some ghost shrimp from Pacific and 7th and some regular shrimp. they bite good at night.. a nice mix of many different species.. So far have caught Skulpin, cabezon, various bass, macks and croakers..

CS

amskater
06-24-2008, 02:43 PM
grab some small circle hooks and some frozen Squids and cut strips bait the hook and toss it out

FishBandit
06-24-2008, 03:05 PM
The rocks should be crackin at night. If you are going to the rocks make sure to have your fishing license with you. Also pay attention to the tides, incoming or outgoing, water movement is key.

As for piers, Id recommend Redondo at night. You can fish all night and catch macks by the bucketful. Use squid on a sabiki and youre good to go. Excellent cat fish bait.

Last but not least, post a report of your findings. :)

theBandit

BassinDas
06-24-2008, 03:47 PM
See there is one problem. I never have time to fish anymore, neither does he. We wanted to do some pier fishing to not have to get a license. I have heard about the rocks there being a good spot. Can you buy a one day license?

D@T
06-24-2008, 03:58 PM
Yes you can purchase a 1 day license, I think its like $13.

D@T

TShaffer
06-24-2008, 04:39 PM
seal beach pier aint bad at night
bat rays on ghost shrimp
macks + smelt on sabiki
should get some nice fish

IslandBoi
06-24-2008, 07:20 PM
Skip the pier and go right on the rocks in front of the Queen Mary.. get some ghost shrimp from Pacific and 7th and some regular shrimp. they bite good at night.. a nice mix of many different species.. So far have caught Skulpin, cabezon, various bass, macks and croakers..

CS

I thought the rocks by the queen mary are off limits to fishing??? I was told that we could only fish off the piers right there in the harbor?

BassinDas
06-24-2008, 08:14 PM
It is off limits. I went down there tonight and saw several ppl gettin rousted

crappie stalker
06-24-2008, 08:53 PM
The area I went to is not off limits and the authorities come through while you are fishing.. Make sure you have a license and dont let them see any open containers.. Put it in a cup..

CS

dirthead
06-25-2008, 04:55 PM
you live in LB try belmont shore pier.
DIRTHEAD