PDA

View Full Version : Lundy Lake

DanKBecker
06-23-2008, 08:38 PM
Whats up, I'm heading up to Lundy this weekend and wondering if anyone has been up there recently that could tell me what the water levels are like. Are you able to walk to the inlet easily, or am I going to have to make the usual brush, mud and creek trek? Any info will help. Thank you.

sierraslam
06-24-2008, 05:48 PM
Lundy is full and the inlet is running fast with all the snow melt. Lots of fish by the dam and the inlet / marina end of the lake.

DanKBecker
06-25-2008, 10:31 PM
Thanks, thats what i figured. For some reason the last 4 or 5 years, the lake has been nearly overflowing. Maybe the Department of Water and Power decided to leave some water.

sky
07-03-2008, 12:50 PM
I believe it was in the summer of 06, the year of the wet winter when I got caught in a bad storm, while kayaking on Twin Lakes located in Bridgeport

While I was at Lundy Lake things didn’t look any better. The clouds were moving in the sky like boiling water, ready to erupt. Lundy Lake looked like it was deserted when I arrived.

That’s when I saw a man, coming around the bend into my view, walking along the road with about twenty-five grand worth of camera equipment strapped on him.

He looked just like the outdoor columnist for the San Francisco Chronicle who is featured on KCBS on Saturdays at 7:35 am . He has such a distinct appearance I thought for sure it was him, or someone who had to be his twin look-a-like...

http://www.kcbs.com/pages/10866.php?

billy b
07-04-2008, 01:36 PM
makes it look like Lundy is a lake you can drive to?

sky
07-15-2008, 03:33 PM
makes it look like Lundy is a lake you can drive to?

Yes you can drive to Lundy Lake. It is a short drive off of I-395 north of mammoth lakes on Lundy Lake road.

Sky

billy b
07-15-2008, 04:48 PM
nomo ..........