PDA

View Full Version : Fishing on the HB Pier 6-22

amskater
06-23-2008, 12:23 PM
Went fishing last night with my GF. Saw people catching YFC . There were A lot of people fishing but found a spot away from the crowds. Set up the poles with some squid strips and my gf caught a small smooth hound shark on her first cast. Later after that I hooked a smooth hound also thats how most the night went we were both catching smooth hounds back to back. Other fishermen saw us catching fish and started moving in closer and closer to us. Then when I was bringing in my line I got hit and that was YFC. Then My gf caught her PB Smooth hound it was a little over a foot and a half long. Then I hooked something that was pretty heavy and took awhile to bring up and it ended up being about a 2 & half foot Guitar Fish and was the first one I have caught no idea what it weighed but it was thick and heavy and wore me out ha after that my gf caught her first YFC. Some people stopped by and let us know people were catching a lot of macs at the end of the pier. around 11:50 we start packing it up but it was a fun night and the gf wanted to stay longer that usual so she had a good time too. One of these days ill get off the pier and fish some new spots. Everything caught was released

BIGRED KILLA
06-23-2008, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the report nice job on the sharkes.

Bigred

doyoufishmuch
06-24-2008, 12:31 PM
Yea, nice job on the sharks. Beats catchn little macs all nite long

amskater
06-26-2008, 12:41 PM
went back out last night and caught a YFC then a couple smooth hounds, a thornback, and a sculpin