PDA

View Full Version : Creek Killin'

chivo
06-22-2008, 07:04 PM
Went up towards yuba city 6/19/2008. Stopped by a creek/river i fish often. Took out my 6 foot ugly stick with my shakespear ultrlight reel with 4 lb fibocarbon line. Got some new swinbaits called shad spoilers @ walmart. Well i put one of those on and it was on and crackin' after that. My first 5 bluegill/redear were larger than hand size. Now this creek is not large at all, but there are some spots that are chest high at some points. The LMB where on the shad spoiler like it was crack or something. They were all small fish a Lb or less, nothing any bigger. It was a straight slayfest, for a good 6 hours. I love creek fishin' its the best, once you get the lure they want it's on,ALWAYS. hiked upstream 15 minutes or so and the creek got wider and deeper so i fished the brush and structure. The green sunfish were out. WIDE OPEN greens is nice. when i would cast you could see the fish hit fight for the lure. I caught my personal best green sunfish, it was about a lb.Great spot and great times,i'll be there next week when i'm up there again. Sorry no pics, i forgot my camera so i purchased a disposable (UGH). Got the pics today,was dissapointed great pics,except for the fish. Dissapointed.

chivo
08-03-2008, 06:36 PM
??????????????????????