PDA

View Full Version : Mammoth Lakes

Mater
06-22-2008, 03:50 PM
After reading all these great posts, I finally get to go do some fishing in the Sierras. I have a RV rented and heading to Mammoth lakes on Fri. So here is my question for you experts. I have bought some plastic trout worms and I'm wondering how to hook them up. Do you guys run the hook through the front on the worm and then have it sticking out of the botton or do you just hook the worm in the middle acouple of times? Any BEAR sighting yet? My five year old son has been asking everyday about them. Thanks in advance.

TroutFrenzy
06-22-2008, 04:31 PM
if your talking about plastic worms, then you can either wacky rig it, by sticking the hook through the center, or by running the hook straight through it. both types of setups can be fished with a split shot, and jigged off the bottom. or you can use a jig head, and fish the worm that way. for real worms, you can put one on a bait hook, and fish it off the bottom.(like you would powerbait). make sure to blow it up with a worm blower though. good luck!

Mater
06-23-2008, 05:51 AM
if your talking about plastic worms, then you can either wacky rig it, by sticking the hook through the center, or by running the hook straight through it. both types of setups can be fished with a split shot, and jigged off the bottom. or you can use a jig head, and fish the worm that way. for real worms, you can put one on a bait hook, and fish it off the bottom.(like you would powerbait). make sure to blow it up with a worm blower though. good luck!

Thanks TroutFrenzy, must appreciated

samgann93
06-23-2008, 07:34 AM
i take a size 10 mosquito hook and put i right through
the middle of the worm (wacky rig). put a small split shot
about a foot up the line.
let that sink to the bottom and slowly jig it in.

ive used that at twin lakes and caught countless fish.
bunch of fun.

good luck.