PDA

View Full Version : Kayaking Huntington Harbour

BupkAngler
06-22-2008, 01:28 PM
Me and the wife headed down to Huntington Harbour to rent some yaks. We were in the water at 2pm. Headed threw the Harbour towards PCH bridge. Started Throwing a 3 inch Big Hammer
15 min in Thump Thump..BAM fish on, Brought up a nice lil spottie.No pics my wife didnt want to bring the camera on the yak. Fished for another 20 min or so : ( then went back to cruz the harbour.

Zombie Bass ATTACK
06-22-2008, 01:46 PM
Me and the wife headed down to Huntington Harbour to rent some yaks. We were in the water at 2pm. Headed threw the Harbour towards PCH bridge. Started Throwing a 3 inch Big Hammer
15 min in Thump Thump..BAM fish on, Brought up a nice lil spottie.No pics my wife didnt want to bring the camera on the yak. Fished for another 20 min or so : ( then went back to cruz the harbour.

haha thats not a very good "harbor" to fish should of fished newport way better and alot more structure and places to fish in newport harbor..i know that bay like the back of my hand.

Billy Bass
06-22-2008, 03:38 PM

I agree with Zombie. NPH has a lot of fish, and they are all over the place. Give it a try!

BupkAngler
06-22-2008, 07:23 PM
haha thats not a very good "harbor" to fish should of fished newport way better and alot more structure and places to fish in newport harbor..i know that bay like the back of my hand.

NPH is much better, but wanted to try out HH never been.

doyoufishmuch
06-22-2008, 08:09 PM
Yea there are definitely fish in there. Fished from the shore about a month ago and while I only managed a few little baby sandies, an old man a little ways down had four legal butts on a stringer. I saw one was a monster so before I left I went to check it out. He measured it for me and I have to say at 38" its one of the biggest i've seen. Im assuming it had something to do with the live bait he was catching, but its still good to know some are lurkin in there.