PDA

View Full Version : Question about selling a boat

ThanksKK
06-21-2008, 10:29 PM
I'm selling my private boat and I'm wondering if this is the correct forum to mention it. Before I discuss details about my boat, I want to make sure to be in compliance with this forum. I didn't notice any forums specifically for selling a boat, or maybe I'm just blind.

Billy Bass
06-21-2008, 10:43 PM
If you look at the general Message area, there is a forum for boats. But heck, this is a great spot too!

ThanksKK
06-21-2008, 11:37 PM
Thanks. I'll post it in the boats forum. It's my 2005 bayliner trophy pro located in Dana Point in case anyone is curious. I'll post a listing in the boats forum right now.

pukahd
06-22-2008, 10:12 PM
If you get messages from anyone from the UK with a yahoo... tag on their email address dont respond to them.

They will tell you that they will give you a international certified check. The bank will cash the check and put the funds in your acct..you turn over the boat and then the bank finds out it was a bad check. Guess what, the bank will withdraw the funds and you will be out of a lot of money and boatless. The other would be from some clowns overseas and they will tell you that they will send you a check for more than the amout that you are selling you boat for. They well tell you to keep the extra change as a service charge...results...run for the hills......

Post some of your response from the scammers when you get them. They are pretty funny.

Here is how I respond to all of them.
Meet me at my bank and present me with the cash. Cash in hand and I would turn over the pink. They NEVER responded back.

Good luck.

Brian

ThanksKK
06-26-2008, 02:33 AM
Thanks for the info Brian. I don't think I'll fall for that but I be a lot of people do which keeps those scams going strong. If I get any funny emails I'll let you know for fun. Thanks again for the warning.