PDA

View Full Version : Spitfire 6/21 Catalina

victor101
06-21-2008, 08:14 PM
Just thought i would write a quick report on todays trip. Took my brother out on the Spit. Lots of Big macs out there. By big I mean BIG. Biggest ive ever seen. It was WFO macs just about the whole day. I did manage to hook a couple Legal Calicos, Bonita, and a short barracuda. Saw some yellows cruising around the bow. Started tossing some iron with no luck. Sombody on the boat hooked into a 16# which took the jackpot. Any day now the Catalina yellowtail bite is gonna go off.....I can feel it!!!

ghetto dad
06-21-2008, 08:35 PM
Just thought i would write a quick report on todays trip. Took my brother out on the Spit. Lots of Big macs out there. By big I mean BIG. Biggest ive ever seen. It was WFO macs just about the whole day. I did manage to hook a couple Legal Calicos, Bonita, and a short barracuda. Saw some yellows cruising around the bow. Started tossing some iron with no luck. Sombody on the boat hooked into a 16# which took the jackpot. Any day now the Catalina yellowtail bite is gonna go off.....I can feel it!!!

thanks for the long, detailed, japan ron-like report homie!! glad you got out man.....

cappo
06-21-2008, 09:05 PM
Big macs, always thinkin about food. :p

Glad you got mang. See u tomorrow.

fuzzy26
06-22-2008, 01:32 PM
I was on the spit on sat. caught calicos and bonito and those pesky macs. it was a bit crowded for my taste. a lot of newer fishermen on board, but had a great time. i feel bad for those people who needed help, but did not receive it. there were 3 deckhands on board. 2 of them were very helpful and cool. the third one who was tatted up was a real d!@k. I didn't interact with him but he was unfriendly towards others. he would tell people who needed help " get in line with the other 50 people who need help." With the macs running like they were and the amount of people on the boat you knew tangles would occur. that deckhand should have more patients knowing this would happen.

JapanRon
06-22-2008, 07:03 PM
Hi victor101,

Appreciate the report. Better luck on the yellowtail next time.

JapanRon

victor101
06-22-2008, 09:02 PM
I was on the spit on sat. caught calicos and bonito and those pesky macs. it was a bit crowded for my taste. a lot of newer fishermen on board, but had a great time. i feel bad for those people who needed help, but did not receive it. there were 3 deckhands on board. 2 of them were very helpful and cool. the third one who was tatted up was a real d!@k. I didn't interact with him but he was unfriendly towards others. he would tell people who needed help " get in line with the other 50 people who need help." With the macs running like they were and the amount of people on the boat you knew tangles would occur. that deckhand should have more patients knowing this would happen.

Yep too crowded...the two very helpful deckhands would be Bobby and Morgan. I didnt see a third one...Derek was the galley cook...and Steve was in the wheelhouse...

ghetto dad
06-26-2008, 06:15 PM

he probably wasnt a deckhand....ive NEVER heard anything bad about the Spit,,,,,NOTHING but good experiences with that crew...

Oz
06-26-2008, 09:40 PM
:LOL: sorry to hear u got to expierence the tatted up deckie...that guy is either pissy or who knows when i have been on the boat when he is. good thing he hardly ever decks on the boat anymore :LOL:

cappo
06-27-2008, 08:34 AM
was it tattoo chris? He used to deck there few years back, and would drive during the twilight trips. I thought he was decking on one of the bigger boats in SD now. Whats he doing slummin it with Bobby? lol

Hawkeye
06-28-2008, 06:12 AM
Hmmm, I don't like that one bit. It just shows you how one "deckhand" can tarnish otherwise an awesome boat and crew. Granted "50"anglers on a boat is a lot to deal with but obviously Bobby and Morgan didn't have a problem dealing with the numbers.