PDA

View Full Version : BCSB 6/21/08 Morning

ray90813
06-21-2008, 12:00 PM
Decided to scout the location during the low tide in hopes of hitting it later for some saltwater action. Me and my brother decided to hit it up this morning, ,made the gate at 7:00a, lots of surfers, very low tide. Found plenty of holes in an around the shoreline, found a couple of smaller sand crab beds, but nothing worth taking. As I was walking along the beach I noticed a fish cruising up and down the shore in one of the holes I kept a note of for later, could it be. I've heard so much about these "beans", and finally bared witness to one in person. I noticed two of them sliding in and out the shoreline. People say they spook real easily, but I don't think it pertained to these guys because I walked right up to about three feet of them, and they didn't dart off. I swear I could've reached down and grabbed those suckers. Threw some grubs at them for no luck, looked for some crabs, but couldn't find too many decent sized ones. The beans finally disappeared after a few surfers walked right into their path and scared them off, oh well, next time. Water looked real good, could really make out the deeper water just by color, no grass or salad, sets not too bad. Wish I could go back later this evening, but have other things to do. Hopefully someone will have much better luck.

Oh yeah, we also stopped by Seal Beach on the way home. North of the pier, lots of trash, and red tide(I think that's what they call it) seems to be taking over. Cast out about two times and said forget it, pulled up two plastic bags and a bowl of salad on each cast, what a shame. Tried the jetty, seen what looks like a "butt" break the surface for my kroc, but didn't land it. A couple of bucketeers had some croakers and rays on cut macks. Noticed a nice calm pool of water away from the current and started fanning my lc, managed three YFC's and then it was off. so I left. All in all, beats working, and I learned quite a bit about holes, especially when you walk right into one, and get chest deep in water.

doyoufishmuch
06-21-2008, 12:29 PM
I love to do those little reconn missions and scout out new areas. Sucks about the trash over in seal tho, some people will never learn. :Evil:. At least you managed a few yfc tho, and a little info on your 1st spot. Good luck out there!