PDA

View Full Version : Crowley lake/convict 5/17-5-19

fishfinder
05-21-2007, 07:50 PM
Started out fishng convict for 2 hours in the howeling wind and waves thursday about about 5 pm. no luck on the troll, so decided to fish around the inlet and get out of the waves for a little bit. I got 3 trout with mini jigs, with one being a small brown. forgot camera in truck. all fished release. let me tell ya it was havock trying to launch that little harbor in the wind. why dot they spend some money and open that bay up a little bigger?

day 2 friday. out on crowley lake first thing in the morning and start out to troll. we see a lot of fish htting the surface and are encouraged.
but only managed 4 fish, one being my first sac perch.

Saturdy we thought we would try crowley again. but the results were worse, and most people had the same luck. but some veterans were still getting there limets.
We manages to have some fun when we found these saramento perch and actually had a great time. http://youtube.com/watch?v=vGeKJw9LA0o
the other highlight was when my buddy caught this nice 19 inch rainbow on a night crawler.

INDOANGLER2
05-21-2007, 09:06 PM
BBF and I were on Crowley the same day. I agree it was slow, I wish I would found them perch. But we couldn't have wished for better weather, practically no wind at all. And yes I agree that little launch ramp at Convict is a little hairy with those winds.

Overall fishing was tough all over this weekend. Better times to come. Thanks for the report.

Troutman65
05-21-2007, 09:12 PM
good report

Nice pics.

I know that bird

Just kidding

thanks for sharing in your post

Fear No Trout
05-22-2007, 06:32 PM
fishfinder

Great report...sorry you had a slow day at Crowley. It seems that in this past week, it was really ones that found the right spots. Normally, I would say that McGee Bay is the most common of spots on the lake that produces limits.

A few of my friends struggle to get just a few trout last week because of windy conditions, snow flurrys and just poor weather conditions.

I was lucky during my 3 days although I would have to say even though I had a tough time the first day until I got dialed into the lake. Once I found them, it was pretty much wide open.

Nice job on the perch....mmmmmmmmmm!!!!

Fear No Trout