PDA

View Full Version : wedge jetty friday 20th

FishermanStu
06-20-2008, 03:36 PM
went all the way out to the end today. tossed kastmaster for a little for nothing. switched over to my brand new kroc. i dont know what color it was but it was hot. first cast. BAM. fish on. nice mackerel. toss a few more times and right before the kelp i get nailed and pull up a BARELYcuda. i mean this thing was 8 inches. few more casts i release to early and it kroc catches this wind, backlashes my reel, and a loop launched it back into the kelp. while i was picking it out my lure gets caught in the salad and i cant get it out. bummer for sure. 7$ lost to the abyss. so i switch back over to the KM. after about thirty minutes i find the hot spot and get one after another. i ended up with 8 mackerel. kept five. lost two as i was pulling them out of the water and gave one away for bait. swell was pumping but not bad.

Final Count
8 macs
1 BARELYcuda

p.s. fam is getting beach house for two weeks and the swell is supposed to be dying down so if anyone is gonna be in newport ie bay, jetty or anything let me know

doyoufishmuch
06-20-2008, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the report. Im headin down there tomorrow for a little bass slayin sesh. Mabey il cya down there

one_leg
06-20-2008, 08:20 PM
few more casts i release to early and it kroc catches this wind, backlashes my reel, and a loop launched it back into the kelp. while i was picking it out my lure gets caught in the salad and i cant get it out. bummer for sure. 7$ lost to the abyss.

Are you using the Kroc's that are made out of Papier Machete?.......j/k

Studlyfisherman would have never lost a Kroc to the wind!!!!

legacy1
06-20-2008, 10:13 PM
i ended up with 8 mackerel. kept five.

to eat? mmm...nom nom

defiantej
06-20-2008, 10:53 PM
how were u retrieving the kroc?

FishermanStu
06-21-2008, 12:34 AM
defiantej: how were u retrieving the kroc?
mixed it up quite a bit. let it sink then fast wind, jerks with the rod, slow and steady, medium speed seemed to work best let it sink a little though, the fish were a little lower in the column

legacy1 Quote:
i ended up with 8 mackerel. kept five.

to eat? mmm...nom nom

naw dude catfish bait. stocking up for the summer.