PDA

View Full Version : Shogun - 1 1/2 day albacore

deanhall32
06-20-2008, 01:58 PM
I'm not going to even try to create a report like the NBU boys do so here goes an old school report:

30 anglers

11 albacore

Woke up Thursday morning at 5 AM approximately 55 miles southwest of Point Loma. Started trolling and caught the first trolled albie 10 minutes later. Two bait first were caught on that first stop. Next trolled fish was caught an hour later with 1 bait fish. Then......8 hours of straight trolling with nothing!! We stopped on kelp maybe 8 times and saw nothing. Finally, at 8 PM while everyone was getting ready to eat we got a last minute troll fish with 3 caught on bait. I got mine on a sardine. What was funny was that everyone had already broken down their rods and reels and put them in their fancy containers and bags and the guys that still had set-ups got fish.

Moral of the story- It ain't over till the fat lady sings!!!

Ambassadorhawg
06-20-2008, 02:17 PM
Cool! Gettin' in on some early tuna action!

Yep, I always leave at least one rod tied up until we get inside the harbor, no matter where, no matter when...

On more than one occassion, that tactic has paid off, too!

DavidE
06-20-2008, 03:59 PM
Very Nice!!! I always leave one set up good to go just in case .... And now I have vindication. Thanks!!

BTW if you want to get rid of those nasty Albie fillets I'll send u my address and take them off your hands ....

ogfishjunky
06-20-2008, 06:25 PM
That's so funny yet so true. My gear is always ready to go right up until we pull in the harbor. That's because I'm to lazy to break them down. As a matter of fact my gear is in house ready to go, both salt and fresh. The only thing I am not lazy about breaking down is my fly gear. They are all in their "fancy containers".

one_leg
06-20-2008, 06:31 PM
Hey Coach, congrats to you on being the 1st BBFC to land an albie this season. :Thumbs Up:

It was supposed to be me, but you had to go and ruin everything. :Evil: j/k

I would have traded you 15 lbs. of cuda fillets for the albies, but I used it for catfish bait last night. :(
I didn't catch squat with it though. * Note to self, toss all cudas back.

One_Leg

4g63power
06-20-2008, 07:54 PM
good job coach..slow fishing but at least you were out there and got yourself a football... but no pics??next time we want to see you pose with albies like them abercrombie models.

deanhall32
06-20-2008, 08:18 PM
Just finished some albacore poke for dinner. Damn it was good! Sorry Alan!

J-RODsmhs
06-20-2008, 09:15 PM
Just finished some albacore poke for dinner. Damn it was good! Sorry Alan!

hey coach. remember that one time you said you would give me some fish. well albies are sounding pretty nice. :LOL: i can use it once i get my tooth fixed. i broke it today wrestling.:Crying:

cappo
06-20-2008, 09:35 PM
way to go Dean. Wheres the pics dammit!!!

Funjunkie74
06-20-2008, 10:32 PM
Coach, there are two sayings....
One you already quoted "It ain't over till the fat lady sings".

The other "It ain't the truth without pictures!" LOL!!
WHERE ARE THE PICS?!?!

FJ74

(Glad you had fun out there. It seems that albie season is starting just a little early this year. Let's go get em!!!)

deanhall32
06-20-2008, 11:02 PM
Coach, there are two sayings....
One you already quoted "It ain't over till the fat lady sings".

The other "It ain't the truth without pictures!" LOL!!
WHERE ARE THE PICS?!?!

FJ74

(Glad you had fun out there. It seems that albie season is starting just a little early this year. Let's go get em!!!)
Joe,
Yeah. I know about the pictures but fact is I actually did bring a camera and at 8PM actually forgot I had it and it was too late. Actually, even if I did take a picture I still would have needed a tutor to show me how. Do you buy that?

Funjunkie74
06-21-2008, 12:28 AM
I actually don't. LOL!!

Dean, you know what k3vin would have done if he forgot his camera??
He'd plead with the Captain to let him go to his house to go get it!!

You know what I would have done?
Tell Kevin to go get his camera!!! AHAHAHAHAHA!!

Dude, you gotta do what tourist do...STRAP IT TO YOUR NECK!!

FJ74

Ricky-Ray
06-21-2008, 01:18 AM
Sweet!!! Congrat's on your catch.

k3vin_kim
06-21-2008, 12:30 PM
the only rod i have setup all the time is the scooby rod.