PDA

View Full Version : Landing counts

mako chaser
06-19-2008, 08:47 AM
Is it common for a boat to post catches for undersize fish in there daily fish count? Fished yesterday on a overnighter out of L.B. and checked there count when I got home and they claimed that they had 2 white seabass for the the boat that day. The 2 seabass that they caught were both undersize. One was 16 inches and the other was 26 inches (both released un scaved).

I feel if they want to post that had caught these 2 seabass they should state that these fish were undersize/throwbacks or don't add them to the daily count.

Cangler
06-19-2008, 09:22 AM
In my experience fish counts are a more than a little suspect anyway ...
Certainly with some landings more than others

Ive also been on boats which were fully crewed and they show
the next day that they were 10 or 20 lighter ..

ghetto dad
06-19-2008, 10:11 PM
Usually, they post them as "released"......

GD

Billy Bass
06-21-2008, 05:35 PM
I've seen cases where the report will say "32 Halibut" but not mention that 30 of them were undersized. I won't mention the landing, but the practice stinks.

labboss2003
06-21-2008, 06:38 PM
well maybe its just me but daveys locker and newport landing seem to post numbers for twilight trips from the future...........its 6:30 pm and they already have there counts in for tonight and they have been doing that for the last couple of weeks ......sure must be nice to know whats in your bag before you get on the boat............:L)

ghetto dad
06-21-2008, 08:20 PM
I've seen cases where the report will say "32 Halibut" but not mention that 30 of them were undersized. I won't mention the landing, but the practice stinks.

where did you get that report man? was it the paper????

GD

ghetto dad
06-21-2008, 08:22 PM
well maybe its just me but daveys locker and newport landing seem to post numbers for twilight trips from the future...........its 6:30 pm and they already have there counts in for tonight and they have been doing that for the last couple of weeks ......sure must be nice to know whats in your bag before you get on the boat............:L)

You sure those counts arent from last nights trip man?? cuzz here we dont turn in twilight count from previous night till the next day (ie, tonights trip that left, their count will be tomorrows count)....i really dont think that they would do some dumb sh** like that.......but who knows....

GD

labboss2003
06-22-2008, 12:54 PM
well its noon sunday and the counts are the same as last night at 6:30 lets see what the magic 8 ball says they are going to catch tonight

Billy Bass
06-22-2008, 03:32 PM
where did you get that report man? was it the paper????

GD

Actually, this was a few years back. It was posted in the LA times when they pubished the landing counts in the sports section. I won't mention the landing, because it could have been a reporting error, but it happened more than once.

Billy Bass
06-22-2008, 03:34 PM

Actually, I think that were posting the previous night's count.

labboss2003
06-22-2008, 03:58 PM
then why not change the date like newport landing does couple of years back me and my son fished the freelance for 4 days straight and numbers never matched what was caught it went soo far as to say one of the days there was barries caught and it was in january and all we did that day was rockcod