PDA

View Full Version : 19K Pounds of raw sewage dumped in LB

ToadsToadsOnly
06-19-2008, 02:14 AM
Went fishing in LB the PM bot to the water my buddies and I started wading in the water Lifegaurd came along and told us and the swimmers to get out of the water. There was 19000 pounds of sewage dumped intothe river which ended up in LB on Tuesday. He also told us not to eat any of the fish it could get us sick. Just giving you guys a heads up. Other than that fishing was good before the worst fog I ever seen rolled in. I caught 8 shorts If I were able to wade in the water I probably would of caught a lot more. 1 was on a LC the rest was on DS zoom flukes.

tacklejunkie
06-19-2008, 06:10 AM
Time to get some waders!
BUmmer to hear about the 19K dumped in the ocean :Crying:
Good work on the fishes man.
I gotta try my flukes and Ikas next time.

Ambassadorhawg
06-19-2008, 07:20 AM
As of June 2008, I can personally vouch for 10,000 lbs of that waste... When a guy has to go, a guy has to go!!!

Sad to hear, that happens up in S.M.B. often...

tpfishnfool
06-19-2008, 08:30 AM
Welcome to So Cal...........

fish_sauce
06-19-2008, 11:55 AM
thanks for the heads up. i was planning to go fish the grunion run last night too. good thing i didn't go!

Glendale sewage spill affects Long BeachThursday, June 19, 2008

LONG BEACH (KABC) -- Nearly two miles of beach in Long Beach is closed until further notice because of a sewage spill in Glendale.
Some 16,000 gallons of sewage found its way into the Los Angeles River, and it made its way all the way to Long Beach.
The beach is closed west of the Belmont Pier to Third Place.
City officials said the spill likely did not seriously impact water quality, but the beach is being closed as a precaution.

taken from: http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local&id=6215130#bodyText

Seng90806
06-19-2008, 12:11 PM
Went fishing in LB the PM bot to the water my buddies and I started wading in the water Lifegaurd came along and told us and the swimmers to get out of the water. There was 19000 pounds of sewage dumped intothe river which ended up in LB on Tuesday. He also told us not to eat any of the fish it could get us sick. Just giving you guys a heads up. Other than that fishing was good before the worst fog I ever seen rolled in. I caught 8 shorts If I were able to wade in the water I probably would of caught a lot more. 1 was on a LC the rest was on DS zoom flukes.

what color flukes u usually use? what color works best for you?

jerryG
06-20-2008, 01:52 AM
Try the zoom 4 1/4" fluke (not the super fluke just standard fluke). As far as colors go the baby bass, smoking shad, or the white belly blue back (it's called arora black but there is no black in the back it's just blue white with white belly).The halibut have shown a lot love for these colors.

JerryG

Hate2Fish
06-20-2008, 03:29 AM
The Radio said 60,000 gallons of raw sewage was accidently discharged

ToadsToadsOnly
06-20-2008, 03:46 AM
Try the zoom 4 1/4" fluke (not the super fluke just standard fluke). As far as colors go the baby bass, smoking shad, or the white belly blue back (it's called arora black but there is no black in the back it's just blue white with white belly).The halibut have shown a lot love for these colors.

JerryG

The colors jerry says Seng he's the one that got me into surf fishing. My personal preference is something with green and blue. The small berkly flukes kill the halibut for me its green with blue glitter. I go throught about a pack everytime I hit the surf they work so well.

4x4
06-20-2008, 12:10 PM
Accidently discharged? I think not.
These companies think "accidently discharging" waste is cheaper than disposing of them properly.

====
4x4
:Cart:

Wingnut
06-20-2008, 05:32 PM
Thanks for the heads up, probably head out tonight or sometime this weekend to take advantage of the run. ;) :cool:

fish_sauce
06-20-2008, 08:18 PM
saw the news earlier today.

beach is now re-opened. They supposedly did water sample tests and concluded that there was no significant water contamination to justify a beach closure....