PDA

View Full Version : Seeker's Inshore Series

brianw
06-17-2008, 06:09 PM
Seeker's Inshore Series
http://www.charkbait.com/cs/images/rodsnreels/Seeker/Seeker_BL_4.jpg

mm... i felt in love with it when i first saw it ...

its light and it looks nice =)

im looking to buy 7'' 25-30

is it good enough to handle most of the species in Catalina area?
it looks really light to me, does it break easily? or does it have enough power to fight with the fish?

Specialty - Lures, Jigs and Spoons
BCBW 709-T 7' 20-30 $184

it says Specialty - Lures, Jigs and Spoons.. i can still use the rod for regular basis?

im gonna buy the Saltist to go with it ..

sorry for asking so many newbies question
but i wanna buy the setup with no regrets
definitely making a fishing report after sunday trip with new setup
Please advice or comment =)

Many Thanks!

http://www.rickstackle.com/seeker/inshore.jpg

Ricky-Ray
06-17-2008, 06:43 PM
is it good enough to handle most of the species in Catalina area?
it looks really light to me, does it break easily? or does it have enough power to fight with the fish?

Yes, No and Yes.

That's a great rod. You can't go wrong with a Seeker Rod. They pretty much have a lifetime warranty on the rod. That alone will pretty much tell you that they stand by their gear.

Funjunkie74
06-17-2008, 09:43 PM
Just a little heavy...don't you think?
I would go with the BCSW 808-8' T (rated 15-25#). Gives you the ability to fish with lighter lead heads, still have enough to take on a YT and cast out a jig really far!!

Although it may be a little too light for deep rockfishing (+300ft) by the time that season rolls around you can think about getting a stouter rod.

FJ74

DavidE
06-18-2008, 01:31 PM
Dude I fish a lot of seeker rods so I'm a big fan. If your gonna buy the Saltist 30H and want to throw light jigs, leadheads, lures, etc go with an 8 ft stick and the 30# line. if you are looking at the Saltist 20H go with a Shimano Teramar TMC-80M. Way good for light iron, light bait, leadheads, etc and has a lot of backbone.

Match the line class with the line and you should be way stoked with your set up. But it definetly sounds like you should go with an 8 ft rod.

jplee3
06-18-2008, 04:49 PM
I have a Blue Lightning rod (8ft) matched up with a Curado 300. On my last trip I was casting out Tadys like none other...until I got the nastiest birds nest in life :| In either case, the rod is smooth and I'd recommend the 8ft for sure. Have yet to catch anything on it but we'll get that fixed soon :D

Should be a fun rod for fighting calicos, bonito, and even yellows and albies!

one_leg
06-18-2008, 04:57 PM
Those look totally sick when matched with the Blue Avet's.

Have fun out there!

O_L

hakaveli
06-18-2008, 09:38 PM
I got the 807 model matched with a blue avet sx lights sickest combo ever lol