PDA

View Full Version : lc 110 flash minnow question

RyO K
06-17-2008, 08:48 AM
pretty much still a newbie to fishing and was wondering if i can use the lc 110 metallic sardine for calico bass fishing. Or is this for surf fishing use only. Any input would be appreciated Thanks!

RYo

tacklejunkie
06-17-2008, 09:03 AM
I think they use crankbaits for Calicos. But then again I think Wingnut caught a calico on the 110.
It's used for shallow applications, not really species specific.
Anything in the ocean that eats (or preys upon) other live fish will probably eat the lc110 if you can get it in the fish's strike zone.

SOSO
06-17-2008, 09:05 AM
You can catch just about everything with the LC 110. Besides surf fishing, take the LC on a charter boat for Cudas, Bonitos, Calicos, and even Yellowtail. Any fish that is in the depth range of the LC.
I have a box full of LC's with paint stripped off fishing from charter boats last summer..

fish_sauce
06-17-2008, 09:55 PM
It's used for shallow applications, not really species specific.
Anything in the ocean that eats (or preys upon) other live fish will probably eat the lc110 if you can get it in the fish's strike zone.

i couldn't agree more!

i remember reading a thread on FNN a year or so back about a guy who posted the many different varieties of game fish that he caught solely on the lc metalic sardine...it was quite impressive!

I've manage to catch three types of saltwater bass (calico, spotted bay bass, sand bass) and a few grass rockfishes with lower quality, cheaper lures in harbors, bays, and the surf...so theres no doubt that the higher quality, better performing luckycrafts lures would produce the same if not better results given the same circumstances...

If you're completely new to fishing, i'll go against the grain and NOT recommend you use a luckycrafts lure...or any high end lure for that matter...yet. Instead, start yourself off with some average quality lures...learn how to properly tie, cast, and retrieve them...learn how to read water conditions as to allow you to pick the appropriate lure to use..(pattern, color, etc...)..learn how each different lip and body design behaves in the water...learn how to maneuver around obstacles, how to control and fight a fish, and how to recover a snagged lure...how to maintain your gear, how to store and upkeep your crankbaits...and last but not least...learn about all the other possibilities and alternatives you can use to trigger a bite (such as plastics, jigs, spoons...) When you are more fluid and comfortable with using crankbaits, move on to the more expensive stuff. You'll be able to appreciate it even more!

I think if someone had given me this advice years ago when i first started using crankbaits, i would have literally saved myself hundreds of $$$ worth of unnecessarily lost Luckycrafts lures...:(

Zombie Bass ATTACK
06-17-2008, 11:13 PM
If you ever fish boiler rocks on any coast of so cal mainly laguna beach through the Lc thats what i do and i get big calicos.Lc is good in harbors and bays throw parallel along docks and any structure that holds spotted bay bass,sand bass,calicos...but like some of these guys might of said if im not mistaken my fav lure for calicos is Norman thats the brand crankbaits most all colors work.You can hook toads on the normans