PDA

View Full Version : Late late late cat report

labboss2003
06-17-2008, 01:24 AM
After downloading pics from sunday 6/15 i noticed i didnt post about a trip we had on 5/5 so for what its worth here you go. spent the weekend at Catilina on a rock cod hunt to show the boys there was more than just the fish we normaly target over there.Trolled around telling them I was looking for bonita but what I was dong was marking the deeper spots . Stopped the boat way off the island and told them to reel in the yozuris and get the big rods out..............huh is what I got .. but after the first drop they really got into it ,they are so used to using basicly useing heavy freshwater bass rods that this kinda was a challenge.From the pics you can tell what side of the island we where at. was a lot of fun saturday was perfect ,sunday the wind came up so the deep drift was hard. Went back to the shallow stuff and finished our two day limit(did register for multi day permit hopping fish and game would check us so i could whip it out ,but no checks that weekend) was alot of fun caught a bunch and showed those boys something new ...................Bob

TShaffer
06-18-2008, 09:43 PM
sweet man nice job, looked like an awesome trip

GeordyBass
06-18-2008, 10:00 PM
Great job!

one_leg
06-19-2008, 12:02 AM
Nice mix you guys got there.

Congrats to you all.

O_L

JapanRon
06-22-2008, 07:13 PM
Hi labboss2003,

Nice job ! Good job on the rules. WTG on the fishys.

Report ..... better late than never !

JapanRon