PDA

View Full Version : cracked LC110

tacklejunkie
06-15-2008, 05:55 PM
Just found a crack in my LC. I can actually flex the bait and open the crack up. Does anyone know if the rear hooks are tied to the line eye inside the bait? Or should I quit using this one? A good size fish might be able to tear it in half and I wouldn't want to lose a nice fish throwing an iffy lure. If the hooks are tied together inside then there's nothing to worry about..
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/crackedLC.jpg

willis949
06-15-2008, 06:51 PM
You should be more worried about the rusty hooks and not the crack.Do you sharpen the hooks ever?I have gotten bit on a questionable hook and could feel it pop out of the fishes mouth instead of sinking in the lip.

tacklejunkie
06-15-2008, 07:16 PM
Yeah I Was about to replace the hooks when I noticed the crack..
BTW what hooks don't rust?

Zombie Bass ATTACK
06-15-2008, 08:19 PM
Dont worry man your LC is about to have babys!! :LOL: a buch of lil LC's should be out in no time!!

That Dang Guy
06-15-2008, 10:16 PM
I replace my hooks with Owner stinger trebles in a black finish. They hold up much nicer in the salt.

As for the hooks being tied together, they are not. I took a look in transparent LC and there are no wires holding the rings together. There are plastic channels that hold the the sliding weights, but I if you can flex the body I doubt they do anything for structual integrity.

fish_sauce
06-15-2008, 10:20 PM
Hey TackleJunkie

If thats a flashminnow, then no, the hooks AREN'T tied together. The flashminnow has a hollow chamber inside that allows a small weighted ball to slide around and shift the lure's weight, thus improving your casting distance--but in order to do this they had to anchor the hooks individually by themselves as oppose to tying them together.

The flashminnow i found two weeks ago with stripped off paint confirms this. I would just put that thing in a lure display case somewhere instead of using it and risk losing a fish...;) Besides, it wouldn't swim right once water logs into the chambers, even if you epoxy it...

if you want rust resistant hooks, i recommend the owners black or red chrome finish. They're a little on the pricey side, but totally worth it. I prefer the red over the black ones...