PDA

View Full Version : 05-19-07 Pursuit Report

Matador1238
05-21-2007, 01:32 PM
Got on the Pursuit with two friends on Saturday.....one friend got there early at 4:15 and there were already 12 people getting in line. We got there at 5:30 and it was PACKED!! I was like....oh ****...I was thinking about getting on the Monte Carlo half day instead but I knew my friends wanted to fish full day so we went ahead with it.
I brought 3 rods but there were only two rod holders left so I had to put two in one holder. Some of the people had to lay their rods outside of the galley. We left the docks with 75 people on board. It was CROWDED!!
We had limited live squid since the captain said it was $60 a scoop. No dines.....
After like 2 hours to Catalina, we were ready to fish. Everyone had to stand at the given number spots. I was standing near the bow. Man....it was shoulder to shoulder. It was hard to cast. We anchored around some kelp and tried for some calicos. It was WILD OPEN jack mackerals and Perch bites..... :roll: I did manage to land one legal calico. After that, we were just searching for White Sea Bass with no love. Two guys got yellowtails but didnt land. We did hit a few spots with some sheepheads and thats basically it. One lady had a Halibut.
Jackpot was a 3 lb sheephead. I had one dink calico, few perch, few jack mackerals. Overall, it was a bad trip. I didnt mind not catching fish coz I know it happens. It was the fact that it was way too crowded. If you have been on the Pursuit before, you know how the walk ways on the sides are very narrow. It just wasnt fun walking up and down to get bait. We did make two rotation but I ended up in the corner of the stern and I could hardly had any space to stand. Btw, their fish count is not accurate. It wasnt even close to 103 sheephead caught. It was 40 max and thats a generous number.
I think from now on I will just take a day off and go out on the weekday. Sorry no pix...nothing really worth taking pictures of, although I should have taken some to let u see how crowded it was...hahaha.

ghetto dad
05-21-2007, 01:35 PM
Got on the Pursuit with two friends on Saturday.....one friend got there early at 4:15 and there were already 12 people getting in line. We got there at 5:30 and it was PACKED!! I was like....oh ****...I was thinking about getting on the Monte Carlo half day instead but I knew my friends wanted to fish full day so we went ahead with it.
I brought 3 rods but there were only two rod holders left so I had to put two in one holder. Some of the people had to lay their rods outside of the galley. We left the docks with 75 people on board. It was CROWDED!!
We had limited live squid since the captain said it was $60 a scoop. No dines.....
After like 2 hours to Catalina, we were ready to fish. Everyone had to stand at the given number spots. I was standing near the bow. Man....it was shoulder to shoulder. It was hard to cast. We anchored around some kelp and tried for some calicos. It was WILD OPEN jack mackerals and Perch bites..... :roll: I did manage to land one legal calico. After that, we were just searching for White Sea Bass with no love. Two guys got yellowtails but didnt land. We did hit a few spots with some sheepheads and thats basically it. One lady had a Halibut.
Jackpot was a 3 lb sheephead. I had one dink calico, few perch, few jack mackerals. Overall, it was a bad trip. I didnt mind not catching fish coz I know it happens. It was the fact that it was way too crowded. If you have been on the Pursuit before, you know how the walk ways on the sides are very narrow. It just wasnt fun walking up and down to get bait. We did make two rotation but I ended up in the corner of the stern and I could hardly had any space to stand. Btw, their fish count is not accurate. It wasnt even close to 103 sheephead caught. It was 40 max and thats a generous number.
I think from now on I will just take a day off and go out on the weekday. Sorry no pix...nothing really worth taking pictures of, although I should have taken some to let u see how crowded it was...hahaha.

damn matador, sorry about your day bro.....thanks for the report....

hakaveli
05-21-2007, 01:36 PM
on the pursuit never go on the weekend lol always packed

ghetto dad
05-21-2007, 01:37 PM
hey mike, dont you have any perch rigs for him to purchase next time he goes????

hakaveli
05-21-2007, 01:43 PM
hey mike, dont you have any perch rigs for him to purchase next time he goes????

lol ill make some for him dont high jack 57 going to cleaning it up again

JapanRon
05-21-2007, 02:48 PM
Hi Matador1238,

70+ ............ :shock: I thought your mama done warned ya 'bout doin' that kind of stuff!!

My condolences to you .... and your buddies.

Nothing ...... nothing good can come from a trip with 75, 85, and 95 people on the boat.

JapanRon

fishkenstein
05-21-2007, 03:49 PM
I didnt mind not catching fish coz I know it happens.

haha, why do you give me a sad face all day after the trip, we all mind when is not catching fish :lol:
I caught two sheepshead out of that "103", I really dont knwo how do thay get the number 103, may be they also count the fish in the water too. :shock:
hi ghetto, how do the chatter usually deal with their fish count? do they usually x2 or x3 the actually count ? i hardly see anyone mark down the number.