PDA

View Full Version : JP 4 Pineapple Express

pineapple express
06-15-2008, 11:53 AM
Had the pleasure of fishing with some fellow FNN'ers, DavidE's charter on the Orion
out of Seaforth Landing. Only 15 guys on this trip so i knew with seasoned fishermen
on board, we were in for a nice trip. Everyone was so cool...!!! Capt.Brian (i think) im so bad with names... just bought the Orion. This was the maiden voyage so there was a little pressure to produce for us & himself. As we filled our bait tanks with a nice batch of dines & chovies, we decide what our game plan is... The reports offshore was hit or miss on some quality yellowtails & bonita but had to run out 60+ miles. There were reports of great fishing for sand bass, barries, & yellowtail on the flats off Mexico area. We opted for the flats.
We get anchored on the flats at around 2am & it was slow pickings at the ocassional LOG cuda. G-money hooks a nice yellow on a scampi jig. shortly after nick hooks a nicer
yellow on a sardine. About 3-4 am it went completely WFO with these LOGS crashing on the poor lil baits around the boat. It was foaming everywhere you looked....just thick. They were biting the iron like crazy. At one point i just hung my single hook mega jig off the side about 2-3 feet under the water & i hooked 3. This lasted for about a solid 1 1/2 hours then it died down. There was only 5 guys on the deck that stayed up all night.... the true fish maniacs that we are....nick, mike, jimmy, me & 1 deckhand killed them. it was so fun. We caught & released so many we lost count. That's what you call getting your fish on...!!! About 6am we pulled anchor to look for the sand bass. We achored up probably 1/2 mile from our original spot & it was slow for about an hour then we start getting the sand bass & cuda to go. Everyone got their fill on each species. Well..... after pulling an all nighter i was getting really sleeping. I was falling asleep still holding onto my rod at the rail. Classic moment... i get bit while using a dropper loop with a dine on. So i swing & i miss. I reel in 2 cranks then i get nailed by a freight train... Starts peeling my pink #30 ande line like crazy. We are all thinking Yellow...!!! All this while the sand bass was on the chew. So it takes me to the bow 2 times & tried to wrap itself around the anchor line. Thanks to Shawn(decky) he helped me avoid a serious situation. We clicked my drag a little tighter & with short pumps i started gaining line on him. When i saw him at deep color it made me so nervous thinking i hope i don't loose him. Just a few more cranks & he was mine. When Shawn sank the gaff into him i was SOOOOOOO.... stoked. I yelled & hollar'd so loud. That tail Kicked my ***** boy. it definately woke me up & had the blood flowing.... who needs sleep. Ended up being the biggest of our trip, Nice #27 pounder/Jackpot. After we got our fill on the sand bass we moved to the coronados for an afternoon shot at some more tails. It took about 1 1/2 hours to get there so i quickly grabbed a much needed power nap. We fished hard but just a few rock fish, cuda, calicos ..... that was our trip. Only 3 Yellowtails #27, #17 , & #10 1/2 limits on cuda & sand bass. A fun trip with a great bunch of guys.
BIG BIG MAHALO'S TO DAVIDE & THE NEW OWNER & CREW OF THE ORION. You guys did an awesome job getting us on the fish !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Class operation for sure.
It was a pleasure to fish with G-money, Oneleg, Nick, Jimmy, Matt, DavidE & the rest of you guys on board.

here's a link of some pictures
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=9AZMXDVu2cP7g&notag=1

tight lines forever
PE

one_leg
06-15-2008, 12:08 PM
Daniel, it was a real pleasure fishing with you too Bro!!!

The boat is great, and the crew were very helpful.

Brian did a great job and as a result we all landed a sh*tload of fish.

For a while there I thought it was gonna go WFO on the yellows in the am.

Alas...:( It was not to be.

No matter, there will always be another trip on another day down the line. :D

And dude, seriously, we need to hook up for some trolling on DVL someday.
You'll love it out there man!!!

One_Leg

deanhall32
06-15-2008, 03:03 PM
Very nice report! Nice yellow and I'm glad G$ got a yellow on his virgin over-nighter. Looks like a sweet boat! It's only a matter of time before all hell breaks loose. Hopefully that starts this Wednesday!

deanhall32
06-15-2008, 03:04 PM
Is that Jimmy the Metro I see on the rail?

Gmoney
06-15-2008, 03:07 PM
PE
Sweeeeet JP bro!!!
Great Report. I enjoyed the rail time with ya brah - MAHALO!!

I gotta chime in a bit....I HAD A BLAST. What a great way to break in for my first overnight trip. Tons of laughs, great smiles, and cool conversations.....oh and did i mention TONS of fish of all types and sizes.

DavidE - Thanks for doing what ya did. Major Props!! You put together a great group trip!! I really apprecaite the invite and look forward to fishing with you and the gang many more times.
Capt Brian busted his butt to make this trip great. I wish him success on his new boat. I dont have any other experiences with bunking situations but i was very impressed with the the sleeping quarters. It wasnt cramped and seemed to be perfect for 14 to 15 peeps. a couple of short naps here and there kept the fishing fresh the entire time.
After reading the weather reports i was expecting no winds and major sunburns all the way around.....who knew we would have some choppy waters, nice winds at time and hardly any sun until the ride home.

Hooking into my first YT was so much fun. since i thought we were going to target sand bass for the night I decided to fish with my 15lb set up. The last thing i was expecting was to hook into the YT. what a ride! from that moment on i switched to the 30lb set up for the remainder of the trip. Im glad i did becuase the toad that i hooked into and lost (lmao) on Saturday PM was soooo much fun. peeling drag off the toriun then charging the boat.....wahooooo. i have no idea how the battle lasted as long as it did only to have the line go slack....i was sure i broke off but as i reeled in hook was still in place. damn, how did that fish get off after all that - heh. next time hes mine for sure.

heres a couple more pix of the trip:
##
getting ready to head out - the first arrivals are on board
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll183/Gmoney90805/orion_overnight_06142008/100_0048.jpg

##
some of kevin kims friends celebrating his existence
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll183/Gmoney90805/orion_overnight_06142008/100_0050.jpg

##
early in the trip
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll183/Gmoney90805/orion_overnight_06142008/100_0055.jpg

##
just hanging
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll183/Gmoney90805/orion_overnight_06142008/100_0063.jpg

##
whoa nellie - lots of fishies
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll183/Gmoney90805/orion_overnight_06142008/100_0064.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll183/Gmoney90805/orion_overnight_06142008/100_0065.jpg

##
yeah now!!
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll183/Gmoney90805/orion_overnight_06142008/100_0066.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll183/Gmoney90805/orion_overnight_06142008/100_0067.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll183/Gmoney90805/orion_overnight_06142008/100_0068.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll183/Gmoney90805/orion_overnight_06142008/100_0069.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll183/Gmoney90805/orion_overnight_06142008/100_0070.jpg

laters
G$

cappo
06-15-2008, 10:07 PM
Nice job everyone. Looks like a great trip.

Oz
06-15-2008, 10:13 PM
wtg G$, nick, and pineapple on ya YT :cool:

g$ got his cherry p0pped in many ways i c :LOL:

glad u guys had a blast :Cool:

JapanRon
06-15-2008, 10:28 PM
Hi Pinappleexpress,

Great job on the trip and repot.

Much appreciated !!

JapanRon

n1ckxlam
06-15-2008, 11:44 PM
yall are a bunch of fish killers.
Danny nice job on the JP.
Dave, thanks for being the baddest chartermaster out there.
all you guys, thanks for makin the trip a blast.

Nick

DavidE
06-16-2008, 07:17 AM
What up Fellers!!!!!!!!!!! First and foremost big ups to Capt Bryan and crew. I checked the reports and the Orion was definetly one of the hot boats for this weekend!!! And we only had 15 anglers !!!!!!!!!

Big ups to everyone who went along for the ride!!! It's so much fun fishing with a small group that just gets along. I would fish with you guys any day of the week. And for those hardcore few who never heard of sleep - you guys are bad@ss!!!

I can't believe the day we had out there. Way good day of fishing!!! Big ups to PE on the JP!!! Love it when this guy gets on big fish. Looks like kid in a candy store, freaking priceless!!! Way cool to take care of the crew, Bro!!

On a side note Big Al, my friends stepdad, has a new nick name. Mike gave him the tag Stuntman at Fathersday breakfast. That ish is funny Stuntman!!!!

When's the next one fellas?????? If anyone wants to run the next charter let me know and I can forward Capt Bryan's # to you.

My final count:
Cuda's - limit + catch and release
Calicos - 3
Sandbass - limit
YT - nada
Mackeral - 1 (tossed back before I remembered I need Cat bait)

Tight Lines

Gmoney
06-16-2008, 07:25 AM
Dave, thanks for being the baddest chartermaster out there.
Nick

Well Said Nick!!!
congrats on the YT - had a blast fishing with you and the gang!

G$

pineapple express
06-16-2008, 08:53 AM
What up Fellers!!!!!!!!!!! First and foremost big ups to Capt Bryan and crew. I checked the reports and the Orion was definetly one of the hot boats for this weekend!!! And we only had 15 anglers !!!!!!!!!

Big ups to everyone who went along for the ride!!! It's so much fun fishing with a small group that just gets along. I would fish with you guys any day of the week. And for those hardcore few who never heard of sleep - you guys are bad@ss!!!

I can't believe the day we had out there. Way good day of fishing!!! Big ups to PE on the JP!!! Love it when this guy gets on big fish. Looks like kid in a candy store, freaking priceless!!! Way cool to take care of the crew, Bro!!

On a side note Big Al, my friends stepdad, has a new nick name. Mike gave him the tag Stuntman at Fathersday breakfast. That ish is funny Stuntman!!!!

When's the next one fellas?????? If anyone wants to run the next charter let me know and I can forward Capt Bryan's # to you.

My final count:
Cuda's - limit + catch and release
Calicos - 3
Sandbass - limit
YT - nada
Mackeral - 1 (tossed back before I remembered I need Cat bait)

Tight Lines

DavidE ... YOU ARE THE BIGGEST & BADDEST CHARTERMASTER EVER...!!!
WHY GIVE UP THAT TITLE NOW MY BRUDDAH ? ALL YOUR TRIPS HAVE BEEN DA BOMB
WITH COOL PEPS & EXPERIENCED FISHERMEN. DON'T THROW THE TOWEL IN JUST YET !!!
MAYBE I OR SOMEONE ELSE CAN BE CO-CHARTERMASTER TO TAKE SOME PRESSURE OFF
YOU OR SOMETHING. GIVE ME A HEADS UP ON WHAT I CAN HELP WITH...
DON'T QUIT BEING DA MAN...!!! BIG MAHALOZ HANA HOU WELL DESERVED PROPS TO YOU BRAH MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUDE I PAID THE PRICE OF THINKING I WAS A TEENAGER STAYING UP LIKE THAT.
SUNDAY I WAS WORTHLESS JUST LAZY NOT WANTING TO DO A THING BESIDES
CHILLING WITH MY KID & WIFE. I DID'NT GET TO MY FILLETS UNTIL DINNER TIME
AS I MADE BEER BATTERED SAND & CALICO BASS...SOOOOOO GOOD !!!
TO TOP IT OFF MY KID GAVE ME A FATHERS DAY CARD & 3 COUPONS GOOD FOR
DOING HIS CHORES, READ A BOOK TO ME, & WASH MY TRUCK... NOW THATS PRICELESS.

BIG BIG MAHALOZ TO ALL FOR THE KIND WORDS & PROPS..... I TRUELY FEEL LIKE I KID
IN A CANDY STORE LIKE DavidE says..... KEEPS ME YOUNG @ HEART WHEN I FISH. MY
UNCLE CREATED A MONSTER AT A TENDER AGE OF 8 Y/O.... BEEN FISHING EVER SINCE.

PEACE OUT
PE

Funjunkie74
06-16-2008, 09:05 AM
Dang, nice trip and report!
PE, any pics of the dinner??

FJ74

crappiemike
06-16-2008, 10:35 AM
Nice Sack Of Fish, Way To Go....
Where's The Beer Shots....

Cm

DavidE
06-16-2008, 11:04 AM
Well I'll run the next one just let me know when everyone wants to go. We'll do the same load or maybe limit it to 10 people w/ one over in case of cancellations.

What do you think for July 11th or 12th?? That's a question for everybody. I'll get with Bryan and see what he'll charge us. That reminds me he mentioned if anyone of my bros wants to get a charter going he'll work with them on pricing.

Let me know.

4g63power
06-16-2008, 04:46 PM
word! great write up there danny! once again congrats on your jp tail bro! you sure were stoked! glad to hear that you also had an awesome father's day with your lil ones.
David! thanks for putting this trip together! you are the biggest and baddest chartermaster ever fa sure!
man i had a blast fishing and hang with you guys(Alan, Nick, Greg and others)! i can't wait to do this with you all again.

4g63power
06-16-2008, 04:51 PM
Is that Jimmy the Metro I see on the rail?

that's right coach...that's jimmy the male model right there..lol where have you been bro? we should plan a trip sometime this summer and get everyone together just like da old dayz ya know? well you pick up Alan though... haha.. see you out there coach

pineapple express
06-17-2008, 09:16 AM
Well I'll run the next one just let me know when everyone wants to go. We'll do the same load or maybe limit it to 10 people w/ one over in case of cancellations.

What do you think for July 11th or 12th?? That's a question for everybody. I'll get with Bryan and see what he'll charge us. That reminds me he mentioned if anyone of my bros wants to get a charter going he'll work with them on pricing.

Let me know.

word...sounds good to me... maybe limit it to 12 guys. i think there is more than enough
rail space on this vessel to accommodate this amount of guys. i'm in...!!! let me know
what i can do to get this going...

btw
here is last nights grub...

grilled YT with olive oil, minced garlic, oregano, mrs. dash, lemon & pepper...

& the famous pescado tacos.....mmmmmmmm my son ate 3 huge tacos...

i also deep fried the collars which i didnt take pix of....sorry. it was so ono :o) trust me.

cappo
06-17-2008, 10:24 AM
thanks for the invite

victor101
06-17-2008, 05:23 PM
NICE Looks like you guys had a blast! Good job on the Yellows. Wish I could of joined you guys on this one.

one_leg
06-17-2008, 07:12 PM
that's right coach...that's jimmy the male model right there..lol where have you been bro? we should plan a trip sometime this summer and get everyone together just like da old dayz ya know? well you pick up Alan though... haha.. see you out there coach

Jimmy can't stand the competition.

Nice buffet!!!

Ricky-Ray
06-17-2008, 10:00 PM
Congrats on a great trip and congrat's for JP. That's a nice looking yellow for sure. Great report!!!

Troutman65
06-18-2008, 11:14 AM
Nice report PE. G$ , congrats on your first YT. :cool: Its getting really close for me to hit the salt.

TM65

troutdog
06-18-2008, 11:54 AM
That is a beauty of a yellow PE, congrats on the JP! Congrats to you as well G$ on your 1st yellow....you did eat the heart right?;)

Thanks for the report and pics!

TD