PDA

View Full Version : matt D, socalrippin his pops and friend have a killer time in oceanside!

matt duarte
06-14-2008, 10:10 PM
well friday i went with TJ for some hali hunting and we did really good so i was plannin on going out with my father in law and bro in law to the same spot.. well i was dead tired and slept in... i get calls from socalrippin and his pops tellin me to get my but down there! so i get up and head towards the beach..get another call tellin me to go to oceanside harbor instead and we were hoppin on a friend Trophy skiff! well we get out there and hooked up on a bunch of SHARKS! this is my biggest!
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f172/oneUPfabrication/SHARK.jpg

i also hooked on a 25-30lb hali! this thing was huge! pulled drag like crazy! we were about to net it and it bit thru my 30lb test! i guess theres always next time.. my bro in law has more pix ill have him upload them soon!

thanks for readin!

fishindude420
06-14-2008, 10:24 PM
Nice job out there bro! sorry to hear you lost a hali toad. Theres always next time. Way to go on those sharks!

JSAUCE818
06-15-2008, 12:26 AM
sweet....good job mang, i cant wait to fish the bay, thats a nice looking shark you got there.....so you had a nice 25-30lb. Hali huh?....dude, i so need to get this "digital scale fishing line" you guys use....lol...

tacklejunkie
06-15-2008, 06:21 AM
Very nice! Lucky dawg! :LOL: What were you guys using out there?
Man I think I'm gonna go hali hunting again this week, those fish are addicting!

JSAUCE818
06-15-2008, 09:16 AM
BTW, what type of shark is that?...

BIGRED KILLA
06-15-2008, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the report and pics next time use a gaff.Hey JSAUCE it looks like a Smoothhound shark there every where in the bays.

Bigred

one_leg
06-15-2008, 12:22 PM
Yeah, gaff them suckas!!!

Nice shark pic.

Thanks.

O_L

matt duarte
06-15-2008, 05:00 PM
ya we had a gaf but didnt think about it... ya that digi fishing line is awesome! lol i thought smoothhounds we darker.... these had a thresher style tail fin..