PDA

View Full Version : Twilight trips

RyO K
06-14-2008, 10:53 AM
Im looking to go on a twilight open party trip tonight. Does anyone have any good suggestions on where to go? I know theres one out of redondo and one out of pierpoint in Long Beach. Any input and suggestions will be very helpful. Thanks

gallogg
06-14-2008, 11:51 AM
I would suggest Pierpoint Southern Cal.
They catch a lot of sand bass.
I also heard bass are biting on plastics too.

Sammy

Gmoney
06-16-2008, 07:39 AM
so cal is good choice

The ICON out of long beach sport fishing just a few minutes away is a great choice IMHO.
always a good group of guys running the boat and always seems to be friendly people fishing as well.
i went 6/6 with captain kevin running the show and we tore it up - kevin works his but off and does a great job!!!....tons of sandies if ya want - good sculpin as well!!!

good luck and have fun
G$

Ricky-Ray
06-17-2008, 01:08 AM
Newport Landing and Davey's Locker in Newport Beach are running twilight trips too. I have done quite a few twilight trips out of Davey's Locker last year and always had a good time and caught quite a bit of fish.

RyO K
06-17-2008, 09:45 AM
so last saturday i went on the s.cal out of Pierpoint Landing. There was about 30 on board. Captain and Crew very helpful but we did not find the fish. The Captain told us that the water temps were -3 degrees from the day and the fish werent biting. I dont think we ended up with a single sand bass. Only about 30 sculpin. oh wells thats fishing for ya. I will try another twilight when i get a chance. Thanks for the helpful input everyone. Much Appreciated. :D

Ryo

4x4
06-17-2008, 10:31 AM
The twilight trips of 22nd Street landing in San Pedro is pretty good.
http://www.22ndstreet.com/

====
4x4
:Cart:

fishdemeanor
06-17-2008, 10:41 AM
Newport Landing and Davey's Locker in Newport Beach are running twilight trips too. I have done quite a few twilight trips out of Davey's Locker last year and always had a good time and caught quite a bit of fish.

+1 on twilightin' the Freelance - haven't fished with 'em in a year or three, but have no reservations recommending 'em. And...on one occasion one of the passengers (female) had a brewski or two too many - and decided it was a little too warm out (11:30 at night, ambient air tem in the low 60's) so she decided to try and take her top off. Her BF stopped her; but not quite in time. ;-)