PDA

View Full Version : San Luis Obispo Fishin Questions

troutslayer05
06-13-2008, 07:13 PM
Whats up fellow Fnners I just moved to San luis obispo from Santa Barbara and was wondering if any one could lead me in the direction of fish. I have yet to explore the poly ponds but live on grand right down the street from Poly. Any help would be awsome thanks guys....Slayer05

pasadenafishin
06-14-2008, 11:23 AM
I went up to San Lois Obispo a few weeks ago and i wanted to fish. I found this lake called laguna lake up there, sadly i did not get to fish it but i assume there are fish.

rusty6
06-14-2008, 01:05 PM
laguna lake isn't worth your time...the ponds on campus are decent. you can go to lopez, santa margarita, nacimiento or san antonio...all of which are pretty decent lakes. rock codding out of patriot sportfishing and virgs sportfishing. decent surf fishing all throughout the area or poke poling in morro bay

BakoBassin
06-15-2008, 09:40 AM
Not sure if you're bank pounding or have a tube or similar vessel...But I would say Naci is your best bet. Not only because I'm partial to the lake, but I've had the most success there of any of the lakes over there. I alsosee more good reports from there than any of the others. If you have a tube, the spotted bass fishing almost always has some sorta bite present withing kicking distance.

troutslayer05
06-15-2008, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the help guys. Ya i have a tube so that might be the best option have you guys fished San Margarita lake near slo?