PDA

View Full Version : Diaz Lake

chivo
06-13-2008, 06:40 PM
Went to the sieras for some work and a little play. Hit up lone pine creek at 6-8pm wednesday night for some troutin'. My and my buddies were killin' em'. Between the both of us we might have caught 15 stockers, mostley with jigs or bobbering flies. No pics don't really need to waist my film on stockers. The next afternoon went up to bishop and fished the north bishop creek fo a few hours. Let me tell you somethin', i've never ever seen so may trout in a small stream. I seen schools of stockers, 30-40 deep, in a stream no more than 10 feet wide, 5 feet deep.
This morning hit daiz lake for 1/2 hour. got out the waders and got a nice bass off a mr. crappie crappie jig.

my computer's being stupid i'll get the pics late

Sparky70
06-16-2008, 12:21 AM
Went to the sieras for some work and a little play. Hit up lone pine creek at 6-8pm wednesday night for some troutin'. My and my buddies were killin' em'. Between the both of us we might have caught 15 stockers, mostley with jigs or bobbering flies. No pics don't really need to waist my film on stockers. The next afternoon went up to bishop and fished the north bishop creek fo a few hours. Let me tell you somethin', i've never ever seen so may trout in a small stream. I seen schools of stockers, 30-40 deep, in a stream no more than 10 feet wide, 5 feet deep.
This morning hit daiz lake for 1/2 hour. got out the waders and got a nice bass off a mr. crappie crappie jig.

my computer's being stupid i'll get the pics late
Diaz is fun if U want to fish for nothing, have caught a bunch of trout and bass there, but nothing big enough to keep...:ROFL: :ROFL:

aboos
06-16-2008, 12:31 AM
never fished diaz..always wanted to check it out tho.

No pics don't really need to waist my film on stockers.

with digital now..who uses film anymore?? hahaha, just messin with ya.

Badfish2
06-16-2008, 12:35 AM
Diaz is a complete mud hole, but it's worth it for a quicky on the way back home. Record trout is somewhere around 10lbs I believe... caught in blake jones derby times...but pretty much it gets stocked DFG and that's about all you'll catch. Bring skeeter juice

chivo
06-16-2008, 08:22 PM
never fished diaz..always wanted to check it out tho.

with digital now..who uses film anymore?? hahaha, just messin with ya.

I don't use film i accidentally erased my pictures off my camera onto my computer.was triing to put them back on the camera, but its not happening

kingjester13
06-16-2008, 10:47 PM
I'll be at diaz lake for the 4th o' july... never been before, any puddle with water will do, I'll tell my kids theres fish just to keep'um busy...lol

P.S. any help on how/where to fish Diaz and what to use as bait would be greatly appreciated.. thanks in advance

KJ138)

P.s.s sorry,diden't mean to jack your thread chivo.

Sparky70
06-17-2008, 02:51 AM
KJ138,

Better get to Diaz about 3 days before the 4th of July, not much room there for a good spot to fish. When you enter, go left clear around the mudd-puddle, go to the back-end (north-end)..........There are some trout, cat-fish and bass there.......I wouldn't call it my favorite hole, but if your comming from Baldwin Park and want the kids to play it can be fun there, only 3 miles to Lone Pine where U can buy Beer, sodas and gas up before heading back.......You might want to take the kids to Mt. Whiteny Portals and go through the Alabama hills where the old western movies were shot. They have a little lake there for kids to fish in....

Have Fun what-ever-U do

FB74

Badfish2
06-17-2008, 04:13 AM
If you're going to go that far, just drive up to Bishop and stay at one of the lower elevation lakes... and go into town for the firework show in Bishop. They have a HUGE show .. probably the best firework show I've ever seen

kingjester13
06-18-2008, 08:36 PM
thanks guys , My wifes family lives in Keeler, CA. this is my 1st time going in 6 years. so should be fun 4 sure. I always said I woulden't be caught in the desert in summer but i guess theres a 1st time for anything...LOL

Thanks a lot,
KJ138)