PDA

View Full Version : Dry Dock:

laznbboi
06-13-2008, 05:39 PM
I need dry dock for my boat around Long Beach, about a month or two. Please advice good and safe place to park and how much a month. The City send me a letter ask me to move the boat from back yard, thank you guys.

Fish Dog
06-14-2008, 12:31 PM
Let me get this straight. You have your boat in your back yard and the city wants it out of there??? What kind of Communist city are you living in? What the hell do they care what you have in your back yard?

Ok, that being said, by dry dock are you saying dry storage? Just somewhere to park the boat and trailer off the property? Or, by dry dock, do you mean an actual dry dock where the boat would go for repairs?

Oz
06-14-2008, 09:53 PM
wtf how can the city tell u to move your boat from ya back yard??? its your own property...i can understand if u park out side on the street. but your own property???? did u call them up and tell them anything???

i know in marina del rey they have storage places just for rv's and boats. so im sure in long beach they should have something like that.

laznbboi
06-15-2008, 01:47 PM
Thank you for response. Last two week ago my neighbourhood bought a camper and parking in fron of his garage, , someone call the city complain about, when the city man arrived and tell him has to move his campber, I don't know what he said to the city, 3 days later I got the noted from City to move the boat out of my property by July 2, I will post the picture and need you guys tell me I do wrong or right. Thanks again

laznbboi
06-15-2008, 06:25 PM
Sorry, I tried download the picture, buy don't know how. I hit attachment and hit upload but get error message maybe pictures file to big, I wait for my son back home I will try again.

labboss2003
06-16-2008, 08:55 PM
Thank you for response. Last two week ago my neighbourhood bought a camper and parking in fron of his garage, , someone call the city complain about, when the city man arrived and tell him has to move his campber, I don't know what he said to the city, 3 days later I got the noted from City to move the boat out of my property by July 2, I will post the picture and need you guys tell me I do wrong or right. Thanks again
no offense , but my brain hurts after reading that ,and i don't know why

FishBandit
06-16-2008, 09:19 PM
no offense , but my brain hurts after reading that ,and i don't know why

Cmon! The guy needs help about his boat situation and you are making fun of his english. Give the guy a break.

Rooster
06-16-2008, 10:46 PM
Let me guess,, your boat is behind a chain link fence and can be seen from the street? My inlaw had the problem and solved his problem with some chain link slats. City is fine with it now..

Wildhorse1966
06-17-2008, 01:12 AM
i got a letter from the city last week about my boat being in the driveway also .. i guess i gotta fight it

labboss2003
06-17-2008, 01:30 AM
fishbandit ,i wasnt dogging the guy about his english (so quick to judge)it was about his problem if i was him i would go ask his nieghbor why he ratted him out ,same thing happened to me

doyoufishmuch
06-19-2008, 01:58 PM
I dont know about every specific county ordinance, but im pretty sure you have to have walls high enough around it so that it cant be seen from the street. Typical city worker though, instead of cruisn over and telling you a way to make it legal and legit, he reports it.... I'd say throw a huge tarp over it and ask them, "what boat?"

laznbboi
06-20-2008, 08:13 PM
Sorry, to make you guys hard to understand what I try to explain, I know my English is bad... I want to post picture of my boat but don't know how? Can you show me how? Thanks!

laznbboi
06-23-2008, 06:11 PM
Please look at picture and give me advice what I did wrong ? Thanks

Oz
06-23-2008, 08:45 PM
i just find it a bunch of :Soap Box: for them to say u cant put your own boat or whatever on your own property that u pay or have paid for already. i would look into that for sure.

i think that the neighbor's who complain need to stop b**ching bout things like this and worry bout other things that im sure are more important.

theres nada wrong with where u have ya boat, just nosey neighbors who have nothing better to do with there time.

dixoncider
06-25-2008, 05:12 AM
I would say its the cover not the boat thats the problem.

laznbboi
06-25-2008, 08:51 AM
The City doesn't say anything about the cover, here what the City mean in the noted. Trailers, campers, boats, and other mobile equipment stored for unreasonable period of time in yard areas contiguous to street or highways. I go to the City Hall tomorow and see what they want to do with my boat, and report back to you. Thank you all your help!

laznbboi
06-27-2008, 07:57 PM
Thank you for all help ardour you guys. City okay for me to park my boat the same place where the boat park at. But next time when they heard from people call and complaint, they will give hand to Building and Safety.