PDA

View Full Version : Pontoon Ballast?

steve092
06-13-2008, 02:08 PM
So here it is. I am going to buy the trolling motor, battery and setup kit. Judging from the picture, my boat is a little heavier towards the back. Now I figure the battery, kit, and trolling motor should add no more than 70 lbs to the boat. What should I do to keep me from falling in backwards?

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f367/steven92/l_4cf58a668911e207ad91872679c89d37.jpg

Socal Bassman
06-13-2008, 08:58 PM
Maybe you can move the frame more towards the front. Uh... Ronira... Tunakiller... any advice for the young jedi?

Ronira
06-14-2008, 07:22 AM
Hey Steve, your boats doing a wheely dawg. :Shocked: You need to reconfigure a little buddy. Like SoCal mentioned moving your frame forward will help but it looks like your gear is all at the back of your boat. You might want to try arranging some gear forward. What setup kit are you talking about Steve. Oh and a seat riser would be cool as well but I'm not sure if it would mess up your kickboat action. might seat you to high. If your not kickboating a standing deck and seat riser will give you better balance and open a whole new world for your fishing pleasure. Good luck young Jedi, report back with some more pics when you get your motor dawg. :Thumbs Up:

steve092
06-16-2008, 06:38 PM
Thanks SoCal, that should help a little.

Yeah, I know Ron. Some times I feel like I'm doing water wheelies! But I think this weeks project will be reconfiguration of the gear. I would like the standing deck, but I guess the boat is not designed for one.

Ronira
06-17-2008, 06:50 AM
You can put a deck on that boat Steve. Just have to fab one up and be sure to have enough weight at the back of the boat before you stand on it and you have that covered. Creek Co. will tell you no deck because the boat will nose over without having rear ballast. Your okay I'm sure. You don't look like you weigh all that much. Ck out Z-tunakillers homemade deck and do something like that.

steve092
06-17-2008, 02:16 PM
Oh, OK. I asked them about putting one on a while back on and you would have thought I asked to take over their company!

It won't max out the weight capacity? (375lbs)

Ronira
06-17-2008, 08:15 PM
Oh, OK. I asked them about putting one on a while back on and you would have thought I asked to take over their company!

It won't max out the weight capacity? (375lbs)
Yep, they say that for liability reasons, use common sense and your gonna be good to go. Be sure that your deck won't wear against your pontoons and wear a hole and can support your weight and your rocking.

steve092
06-17-2008, 09:49 PM
Yeah, well once I get the motor and all that ready, I'll worry about the deck. Thanks again Ron!