PDA

View Full Version : catalina

ROTO_ROOTER
06-12-2008, 04:40 PM
going to catalina tommarow :friday: how is it going out there any yellow fin or what we are going on a buddys boat its a striper sea swirle so we will see this is like my second time in the ocean on a private boat wish me luck

troutdog
06-12-2008, 04:48 PM
You prolly meant yellowtail, yellowfin will depend on water temps later this season and that would be well offshore.

Catalina has been kicking out yellowtail, white seabass, calico bass , bonita, barracuda etc. Plan on catching fish regardless!

Good luck out there,

TD

dodoman
06-12-2008, 07:09 PM
friend got back , couple days ago.

PLENTY OF YELLOWS UNDER THE BOAT, but will not bite.
limits on calicos are easy.

ROTO_ROOTER
06-15-2008, 03:47 PM
ill be posting pics soon my buddy didnt send me them yet
it was good we got to the bait barg at like 4am and the guy said that the wsb where biting at like two in the morning and only a couple of yellows so not a very good day on those but we caught hundreds of calicos to many to count we go ten total that where keepers i only got two of them and a white fish but plenty of smaller then 12 in fish

it was a great ride over and pretty choppy on the way back

PS pics will be here soon

samgann93
06-15-2008, 03:50 PM
calicos = wide open

through anything up at the kelp

yellows = will **** you off

theres alot of them around but they wont bite.

Zombie Bass ATTACK
06-15-2008, 05:46 PM
sucks you didnt get into the yellows..whoever is captain has to know his way around the island really well to hook into good fish...backside is where the yellows will be..same with WSB your best chance would of been to meter em early morning with dropper loop..I would of chased the bones and hit kelp paddies on the way back.