PDA

View Full Version : 6-10 Sum Fun limit on Barracuda

otisdis
06-11-2008, 10:25 AM
Headed out to Dana Wharf yesterday on the Sum Fun. Before we left the harbor they said the barracuda were only a mile or two out so I got excited it has been about 2 years since I got my first one. As we got to the first stop a few people to my right hook up right away. Then on my 3rd cast I get my first one. A few more cast and got another. Then it died for a bit so we moved to the next stop were I got 2 more and on the 3rd spot it got a little interesting. I was bring the iron up when I got hit and started to bring it in and they gaff it when they deckhand and I notice that the line wrap around the nose of the cuda and the deck hand said well I have not seen that one yet. On my next cast I hook up and it feels like a big one as I fight it for 5 mins but once I get him to the surface I notice I hook him in the side, well no wonder why he was fighting so hard. Well I was tired as hell as this point so I rested until the next stop. Got 2 more on the next stop and finish the limit on the next 2 spots. From what I could tell no one else got a limit, one other guy had 9 but most people had 1-3. This was the first time that I got a limit on the ocean with anything and got close to the jackpot. But it was something I won't forgot. Can't beat the half off on Tuesday there. The boat stats were 59people 157 Barracuda, 1 Sand Bass
http://www.shareapic.net/preview3/009274272.jpg (http://www.shareapic.net/content.php?id=9274272&owner=otisdis)

Funjunkie74
06-11-2008, 11:47 AM
Great report! Great job on the barries!!

Considering that you're in Irvine, fishing out of Dana Pt...right outside my freakin office...you really know how to make one feel VERY JEALOUS!!! LOL!!!! I wish I could take advantage of the 1/2-off Tuesdays...

Look forward to more reports!!
Thanks for sharing!

FJ74

Ricky-Ray
06-11-2008, 11:57 AM
Awesome job. Thanks for the report!

steve092
06-11-2008, 04:46 PM
Congrats man!

FISHINGBEE
06-11-2008, 06:14 PM
Congrats man! Thats a great job for a packed boat. 50 plus on the Sum Fun thats crazy,

FISHINGBEE

HarbourAnglr
06-12-2008, 09:30 AM
Well done on the cuda. Thanks for the report!

I jumped on the same boat on Monday (06-09-08). We had a very similar day with lots of quality fish coming over the rail. Capt. Brian did a great job putting us on the fish, and Butch was very attentive on deck. Did you guys hit the kelp for calicos? The bass bite was pretty tough on Monday, although the more experienced anglers managed a few keepers.

Sounds like the 2 for 1 Tuesday is popular....59 is an insane number for that boat.

chris
06-13-2008, 09:40 AM
good job must have been fun. i'm bummed i had last minute work and did not moke this trip

boxl0bster
06-14-2008, 02:18 AM
nice! i havent been on a good cuda bite for years. gotta get out there and get me some. :)