PDA

View Full Version : rush creek, lee vining silver and upper twin lakes

THE MEXI-CAN!!!!
06-10-2008, 01:22 PM
well headed up to the loop for we weekend a fishing w my dad and my cuzin!!! let me tell you fishing was amazing!!! jus people need to work on thier fishing etiquette up there!!! had a nice spot and this old man and you fella were no kidding 2 feet away from me and set up camp right where i was fishin!!!! like if i wasnt even there!!!! those rat bass-turds lol!!!

so i hit up rush creek from the outlet of silver and th fishing was reall good released bout 12 in bout hour did sum scouting lookin at pools for the next day!!! the baits for the day was salmon eggs and GULP eggs. With those gulp eggs didnt even have time to set the hook they would jus enhale it so most of the time was cutting the line and tying a new hook also caught a few on a mepps aglia. and all these fish were caught during the heat of the day around lunchtime. Went back to camp for a few hours for lunch. Finally got my dad and cuxin to get off thier rumps and fish and rush creek above silver lake. The water wasnt really move in there so i tied on a yellow panther martin w red spots and fished the cover and caught 5 there, one was 2lbs. My dad caught 3. Then called it a night couldnt see anymore.

Saturday got up about 5 am and headed to silver lake thats when i had ran in to the fishing ettiquette problem. i fished for a few hours cathing jus one but i threw him back!! was pissed off at the people and thier rudeness!!!!

Decided to hit up lee vining creek. thats when the fishing went wide open for reals!!! found this big ***** pool and there must have been over 100 fish there. There were hittin on gulp eggs. must have caught and released over 20 fish myself as my dad and cuzin caught 5-10 each. head back to camp round 3 pm and headed over to where my cuzins brother was stayin for the weekend and drank beer and shots fro the rest of the night mann those guys can party and drink lol!!!!

sunday my dad said we are heading to the upper twin so i tried out my float tube(man im out of shape still sore from saturday lol) and got bout a 300 yards from shore and kicked my way back into shore found a nice spot on shore and tossed out sum gulp eggs and limited in bout and hour my dad also caught 1.

Headed back to lee vining and hit up the same pool. I decided to fish a fire tiger thomas bouyant and that was a damn good idea i lost count on how many i caught.

monday got up bout 430 am and head to where the creek runs into silver lake b4 fore i headed back home. limited out on salmon eggs w no waiting drifting it at the inlet. all of them put on a good show and were fat too!!!

cant wait to get back up there hopefully soon!!! till then keep the lines tight and beer cold!!!!

THE MEXI-CAN!!!!

one_leg
06-10-2008, 01:24 PM
Ya just gotta love WFO Sierra trouting.

Thanks for the report Dude!!!

O_L

Beancounter
06-10-2008, 02:54 PM
Sounds like you had an awesome time(aside from the ol' fart).
That's great to hear.
I'm heading up there in a few weeks and...Homey, I'm count'n the days..:)

Rubble
06-10-2008, 03:04 PM
Sounds like a Good time for All..............
I Love those Ponds between Silver & Grant,especially the one with the Picnic table.......;)

THE MEXI-CAN!!!!
06-10-2008, 03:14 PM
that spot is where i caught mine!! the first day!!! its still there!!!
Sounds like a Good time for All..............
I Love those Ponds between Silver & Grant,especially the one with the Picnic table.......;)

Crab
06-10-2008, 07:38 PM
nice post.Glad to hear the fishing is still WO.
Been thinkin' every day how to get back up there!
Tried telling the wife I forgot something along the creek, :) she ain't bitin'. lol

Rubble
06-10-2008, 09:47 PM
that spot is where i caught mine!! the first day!!! its still there!!!

As it has been for over 20yrs that I know of ......

Please remind Your Friends to leave All Lakes,Streams & Trails Cleaner than they found them.......Pick-up Yours & Others Trash......Thanks :D

Troutman65
06-12-2008, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the report.:D

TM65