PDA

View Full Version : Spiny Lobster Reminders….

sonarbp
06-10-2008, 12:28 PM
Just thought that I might post this up for all of you who enjoy hooping for bugs!!!

Spiny Lobster Reminders….

• The 2008 spiny lobster season opens Saturday, September 27, 2008 and extends through Wednesday, March 18, 2009. Beginning September 27, 2008, every person attempting to take spiny lobster must have a Spiny Lobster Report Card. This includes persons who are not required to have a Sport Fishing License and Ocean Enhancement Stamp, such as: children under the age of 16, persons fishing from a public pier, and persons fishing on free fishing days.

• A California Sport Fishing License with Ocean Enhancement Stamp is required to take lobster south of Point Arguello (Santa Barbara County). Persons fishing under the authority of a One or Two-Day Sport Fishing License are exempt from the Ocean Enhancement Stamp requirement.

• Spiny Lobster Report Cards must be carried by hoop netters, and divers must keep it with their fishing license. If a lobster fisherman fills up a card before the year ends, the card can be returned and a new one purchased. The Spiny Lobster Report Card must be returned to the Department of Fish and Game no later than January 31 of the following year.

• No equipment other than hoop nets may be used to take lobster. Divers may only use their bare or gloved hands to take lobster. Both lobster divers and hoop netters must possess a lobster gauge when taking lobsters.

• The lobster daily bag and possession limit is seven lobsters. A maximum of five hoop nets may be fished by an individual. No more than 10 hoop nets may be fished on a vessel, regardless of how many licensed anglers are aboard. On piers, jetties, and other shore-based structures, each angler is limited to two hoop nets.

• For complete spiny lobster regulations, refer to the 2008-2009 Ocean Sport Fishing Regulations Booklet or visit www.dfg.ca.gov/regulations/index.html.

I know it is kinda early but the season will be here before you know it!!!!!!

sonarbp

one_leg
06-10-2008, 12:34 PM
R, thanks for the post.

I'll be diving for bugs next season. I just got back into the water after nearly 12 years.
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=18922

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=18997

I can hardly wait for that day to come. It will be loads of fun.

I might get some hooping in too.

sonarbp
06-10-2008, 01:10 PM
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w270/one_leg_photos/Limitsfor2.jpg

The daily bag and possession limit for abalone is 3. Here are both of our limits.

Man those are some beautiful abalone!!!!!! It has been almost 20 years sense I have had any.......too much $$$$ and the quality is garbage!!!!! Did you guys fry it up? or how did you cook them? MAN I AM GETTING HUNGRY!!!!

sonarbp

one_leg
06-10-2008, 01:13 PM
Dredge in egg, dust with flour, fry in whipped garlic butter for 15 to 30 seconds a side.

I am gonna have some right now for lunch.

sonarbp
06-10-2008, 01:53 PM
SOUNDS SO GOOD!!!!!!

Wish I had just a bite!!!!!

Oz
06-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Dredge in egg, dust with flour, fry in whipped garlic butter for 15 to 30 seconds a side.

I am gonna have some right now for lunch.

k alan go get my dinner!!!!!!!! :LOL:

one_leg
06-24-2008, 09:09 AM
I meant to say "dredge in flour, dip in eggwash, coat with seasoned breadcrumbs, fry in whipped garlic butter for no more than 20 to 30 seconds a side."

BIGRED KILLA
06-24-2008, 12:02 PM
Cant wait for bug season i need to kill those Roaches.

Bigred

one_leg
06-24-2008, 11:32 PM
Cant wait for bug season i need to kill those Roaches.

Bigred

RED, leave seven a night for me, Ok? :ROFL:

BIGRED KILLA
06-27-2008, 12:36 PM
Only seven One_leg no prob lol.

diamondbear
06-29-2008, 07:22 PM
wait a minute , are we talking abs or bugs ?? , lol

one_leg
06-29-2008, 07:25 PM
Bugs Steve.......Bugs.

I ain't gonna waste my time heading up to Mendocino for just bugs though.

I can get plenty Bugs down here!

3 Abs and 7 bugs was always my goal when we dove the overlap trips before they closed the Ab season down here for good. I am hungry for Abalone wrapped lobster tails right now. :Twisted:

sleeperek
09-03-2008, 06:00 PM
where's a good spot to catch these spiny lobsters? For example from a pier? PLease let me know