PDA

View Full Version : Tough day...NBU session 6/08 (Native Sun)

Funjunkie74
06-08-2008, 09:28 PM
Well, as always the NBU are out on the water again...BIG SURPRISE...right?
After seeing the fish counts from yesterday, we made a last minute change to fish the Native Sun. I think it was a good call, we had a nice day out and variety in our bags.
-------
Short Story: Limits on sculpin, limits on bocaccio, last minute BASS FEST!!
-------
04:20 Wake up
04:35 Out the door!
05:00 Wake up call to "The Legend"...who didn't answer.
05:05 "The Legend" texts me "I'm Up." Good.
05:15 Arrive at the landing.
05:26 Bob calls me "Dude...I'm leaving my house now..." Uh...Bob...nevermind...drive carefully.
06:00 Bob amazingly makes it to the landing.
06:10 WE'RE OFF!!
[Man, all this before we even leave!!]

So, fast forward.

Capt. Jason Rico announces that we're going to fish for sculpins because fishing has been slow. Cool. I like sculpins!

Kev limits out (as always) in about an hour.
I decided (as always) to throw back all sculpins under 12"...unfortunately this resulted in me not limiting as most of the sculs coming over the rails were either just legal or clearly short.

My bag at 10AM
http://tsuribaka.us/photos/2008/20080608/P6080004.jpg

Next move was to Boc-Land.
As we all know, the limit is one.
Well...it really didn't take us that long to limit out. But what was funny about this stop was Bob chanting "please be a red....please be a red..." Evidently Bob does not like bocs. Amazingly Bob pulls a red. HOW DOES HE DO THAT?!?! (Last time he was chanting.."I want a sheephead"...and guess what?!? He pull the one and only sheephead!!)

Share your secret BOB!!
http://tsuribaka.us/photos/2008/20080608/P6080003.jpg

Final move was to Bass-Land.
After negotiating (although I suspect Jason was going to take us here either way), Capt. Jason takes us closer to LB and stops on top of a wreck.
Well, as I suspected all day, the bass did not show up till 5PM!!!
BOB WAS ON FIRE AT THIS STOP!! He was killing bass left and right!!
--------
Final: There was no doubt it was a tough day for fishing. It is still early in the season and very volatile. One day it's on, the next it's off. Although I haven't check the other fish counts, but I assume that probably we did just a little better than the really tough fishing from yesterday. Can't wait till fishing season REALLY STARTS!!

http://tsuribaka.us/photos/2008/20080608/P6080012.jpg
--------
Side: At a certain point I started experimenting...
http://tsuribaka.us/photos/2008/20080608/P6080011.jpg

Yes, that is a beer can hook created by Bob. Although it did not have a chance to prove/disprove its fish-ability I will not stop till I do!!!

FJ74

*Kev and Bob: add your pics!!

troutdog
06-08-2008, 09:34 PM
It was a great day to be on the water, at least it seemed that way while chillin on the sand. Glad you guys got on some fish regardless of it being a little slow, it is just a matter of time until the salt starts to sizzle! Thanks for the report, look forward to the rest of the pics. Cool make shift hook btw!

TD

Ricky-Ray
06-08-2008, 11:09 PM
Tough day of fishing is still better than being land locked. Can someone please stop messing with the on/off switch for the fish biting. LOL

christainmetalhead909
06-09-2008, 06:38 AM
sorry for the tough day guys. its cuz i wanst there lol. jk.

gallogg
06-09-2008, 08:40 AM
So, did you guys find a Sul-Lung-Tang restaurant?
LOL.

Nice report, Joe.

Sammy

Fishtaco
06-09-2008, 08:45 AM
Thanks for the report FJ. The Cuda went WFO down south yesterday and today. (Dana to San Clemente.)

deanhall32
06-09-2008, 08:59 AM
Cool report guys. Only a matter of time before I see you down here. Also, are you guys still going out in your kayaks?

Funjunkie74
06-09-2008, 09:51 AM
It was a great day to be on the water, at least it seemed that way while chillin on the sand. Glad you guys got on some fish regardless of it being a little slow, it is just a matter of time until the salt starts to sizzle! Thanks for the report, look forward to the rest of the pics. Cool make shift hook btw!
TD

Thanks TD!! When the fish boil, we'll be there!!!
Keep an eye out for that beer-can hook!! I'll land something with it!!

Tough day of fishing is still better than being land locked. Can someone please stop messing with the on/off switch for the fish biting. LOL

You said it Ricky!! I'll take a slow day over land-locked!!
If you happen to find the dude with the "on/off" switch tell us, I betcha they'll be a lot of us that would want to....

amen brother, can the season REAllY start?

Soon...I'm sensing a change in the force....

sorry for the tough day guys. its cuz i wanst there lol. jk.

Thanks for the call...plan for the 15th!

So, did you guys find a Sul-Lung-Tang restaurant?
LOL.

Nice report, Joe.

Sammy

Sammy!! LOL! No we didn't end up eating Sul-Lung Tang. Kev and Bob just said "f-it" and we ate at the restaurant next door to Berth 55. First time ever for me - after all these years - it was actually good!!

Thanks for the report FJ. The Cuda went WFO down south yesterday and today. (Dana to San Clemente.)

Thanks Quan! I KNEW IT!! I KNEW IT!! I KNEW we should have gone south!! I KNEW the fish were down there!!

But we wanted bass...

Quan, do you need a couple deckhands?? You know, the NBU does a damn fine job of cleaning a boat after fishing hard!! LOL!!

Cool report guys. Only a matter of time before I see you down here. Also, are you guys still going out in your kayaks?

Dean, yep. We'll be in your neighborhood soon!!
I haven't been out on my yak in a little while...having too much fun on the boats for now..

FJ74

christainmetalhead909
06-09-2008, 01:10 PM
joe,

dude thats fathers day. i have two dads to see lol. i dont know if i can go. hey joe why did my pic with the nbu thing disapear??????my avatar i think its called. where you planning on going out of?

Ambassadorhawg
06-09-2008, 01:50 PM
Hey Joe,

Fishing would have been WFO if I was on the boat that day. Oh well.. next time!

A-hawg out

SanDimasLMB
06-09-2008, 04:26 PM
Hey Joe,

Good job on the fish. I'll promise to not flake when I go soon. I end school on this thursday and I plan on doing a lot of fishing. Hopefully you guys will let me get back to the NBU crew.

Good job again :Thumbs Up:

Funjunkie74
06-09-2008, 09:30 PM
joe,

dude thats fathers day. i have two dads to see lol. i dont know if i can go. hey joe why did my pic with the nbu thing disapear??????my avatar i think its called. where you planning on going out of?

Dude...you gotta get smart about these kinds of things. BRING YOUR FATHERS TOO!!

Hey Joe,

Fishing would have been WFO if I was on the boat that day. Oh well.. next time!

A-hawg out

If not WFO, at least we would have been able to call the fish by its correct name!! LOL!
I'll PM you the next trip!

Hey Joe,
Good job on the fish. I'll promise to not flake when I go soon. I end school on this thursday and I plan on doing a lot of fishing. Hopefully you guys will let me get back to the NBU crew.
Good job again :Thumbs Up:

Kuro-chan, don't think, do. You still got my number? Call me.
Also, which restaurant does your dad run? I'll stop in for some sushi!!

FJ74

one_leg
06-10-2008, 01:05 AM
Joe, thanks for posting another great NBU report.

Bob obviously has a knack for calling in the fish.

And K3vin Kim always impresses me with his s/w mastery.

I kinda miss hearing about YMIN's exploits. Mike must be having some fun on the Yak these days!!! Mikey?

One_Leg

steve092
06-10-2008, 05:16 AM
Good job out there man.

paDDy
06-10-2008, 09:19 AM
Good job out there, its only a matter of time till the fishing gets better.

Great report and pics

k3vin_kim
06-10-2008, 09:43 PM
shabby...

but it was still cool.

LA Smoker
06-11-2008, 03:51 PM
Just call me Ansel frikkin Adams... that last one was pretty money.

Funjunkie74
06-11-2008, 10:26 PM
Now you're Ansel Adams!!
http://tsuribaka.us/photos/2008/20080608/ansel001.jpg

troutdog
06-11-2008, 11:42 PM
Great pic!:ROFL:

You guys are classic :LOL:

TD

Funjunkie74
06-12-2008, 12:56 PM
Great pic!:ROFL:

You guys are classic :LOL:

TD

Glad you appreciate fine art....LOL!!

FJ74

LA Smoker
06-12-2008, 01:38 PM
Now you're Ansel Adams!!
http://tsuribaka.us/photos/2008/20080608/ansel001.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! This is one's up there with small testicle body builder and lil bo k3vin_kim

Troutman65
06-12-2008, 07:37 PM
Glad to read the the NBU is back on the water.:cool:

TM65

Funjunkie74
06-13-2008, 11:11 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! This is one's up there with small testicle body builder and lil bo k3vin_kim

"Lil' Bo Kim" was a masterpiece!! "Lil' Ball Bob" was a once in a lifetime creation that I probably can never do again!! LOL!! Glad you liked it Bob!!

Glad to read the the NBU is back on the water.:cool:

TM65

Patrick, if you've noticed, just like you - WE NEVER LEFT THE WATER!!! AAHAHAHAHA!!
Are you gonna get salty this year? Or are ya gonna stay freshy?!?!

FJ74