PDA

View Full Version : Bishop Creek / 57 Hours

rotto84
06-08-2008, 10:05 AM
Hi,

I posted this on the "57 Hours In the Sierras" but I thought I would also throw it out here too:

I like lake fishing, but I really enjoy stream and hike in fishing. Does anyone with experience have suggestions near the Parcher's Resort area, or even in the Bishop area?

I was up in the sierras two weeks ago, and the fishing was FANTASTIC!!! (see post) I am hoping for anything near that nice, and also to learn about more places to go.

Thanks,

Brett (rotto84)

fish'n fool
06-08-2008, 05:46 PM
There are many places to fish in the Bishop Creek Canyon. If you like stream fishing, try the creek from Parcher's downstream to the first campground. I've caught a number of browns through there plus there are rainbows, too. Not big, though. Weir Pond just below South Lake but you need waders to fish it. The pools just below the dam at Sabrina. Quite a few Alpers are planted in the 2 pools there. The entire middle fork of Bishop Creek through Cardinal Resort and Aspendell and downstream through Bishop Park campground. If you're interested in a hike to a pretty nice lake, try Long Lake. Start from the trailhead at South Lake. It's a 2 mile hike. Or Loch Leven out of North Lake trailhead. Lots of brook trout there. I use Trout Teasers (rainbow trout, perch or olive pumpkinseed colors) with a brown Power Worm trailer in the streams. For the lakes, I use Power Worms, brown and orange, with a full cast-a-bubble and split shot. Good luck.