PDA

View Full Version : Crowley Trip 5/15 - 5/18

Big Country
05-20-2007, 09:35 PM
It sucked!!! Don't even have photos to show.

We were hell bent on trolling that lake because it has never failed us before. So we got skunked the first 2 days because of our refusal to bait fish.

We couldn't handle the skunk anymore so we dropped bait on Thursday morning and got a few out of Magee Bay. Finally got a couple on the troll Thursday night but we were all the way in the back of the lake where the Owens dumps in.

We metered a heck of a lot of fish, but they were stuborn as hell. I did meet FNT "aka Cory" finally and we spoke for a few minutes. He obviously killed them when he went out. He also told me about the garden pond they discovered at Manzanar and the photos are amazing.

It was hot and windy all week...Not the kind of weather that makes the fish jump on trolled lures.

Fear No Trout
05-21-2007, 12:13 AM
Big Country,

It was a pleasure to meet you too personally. Good luck with you project with the Hot Creek Hatchery Foundation I know that they appreciate all the support they can get.

Sorry that you had a poor outing at Crowley. It was my first time this season and I only had three days to fish. I had to admit it took until the 3rd day that I got dialed in and started hitting 2-3 pounders at a location that I had discover 2 years ago where the bite was wide open on Thursday.

Fat Albert knows the spot that I had called the "25"

As far as the perch...well what can I say...Hit a "honey hole" that produced.

Better luck next time when you go to Crowley. I hope to get up there in a couple of weeks. Going to Sacramento this coming Friday to meet with the State Librarian and Advisory Board to see what's up with my grant proposal...

Tight Lines....

Fear No Trout

Troutman65
05-21-2007, 09:27 PM
Sorry for the Slow fishing you experianced. Thats what happends somtimes. You'll do better next time.

Thanks for your post