PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if this the right place to post this... catalina camping/ fishing

vertical
06-06-2008, 08:35 PM
Hi everyone,
I have a couple of days off coming my way and with school about to close for this yr, I am planing to take my kid and wife to catalina island to camp for a day or two and fish at the same time... since I have only been off shore of catalina (never set foot on the island itself), I was wondering if I can get some info from anyone on the board who has camped and fish from shore or if there are like rentals so one can go a little bit off shore or something to that effect. Need info on nice family friendly places to set up camp on the island (as close to the water as possible so poles can be set up on shore). Also need info on regs reguarding fishing from shore (if any) and general info on what to do on the island itself when fishing becomes boring to the wife and child. And is it worth going to catalina to camp and fish from shore?

thanks....

Fishtaco
06-06-2008, 09:17 PM
Hello Vertical,

I have fished and camped at Catalina and the link below is where I found my information and booked the camp site. Hermit Gulch was the camp site that I stayed in.

It is about 1.5 miles up the hill from Avalon. You can buy a day pass to travel to and from the campsite or vice versa to Avalon.

Hermit Gulch also has all the your camping equipment for rent if you do not want to carry your own equipment over.

http://www.visitcatalinaisland.com/twoHarbors/camp_hermitGulch.php