PDA

View Full Version : Boat Liberty 6/5/08

Jig-Guy
06-06-2008, 04:03 PM
Fished with Long Beach Sportfishing yesterday on the Liberty. We fished Catalina for Yellow tail & white sea bass. 1 yellow landed about 20 lbs. + 1 white sea bass about 19 lbs.. Caught another WSB and a big fat seal stoll it 50 feet from the boat, jurk dog:Embarrassed:. I did not take pictures because I was too lazy! There were a lot of calico's caught late in the afternoon while waiting for the evening bite by tails & wsb (they did not bite). We Stayed out till almost dark before comming home. This boat and crew had the fisherman that wanted too fishing from 2AM till about 7:30PM, wow you want to fish get on the Libery.
The captain Greg and the crew worked their butts off taking care of us fisherman and trying to get us on fish. We must have burned $150.00 of extra fuel running around to differant spots. I think we had 10 fisherman on this Great boat. 10 fisherman on a 85 foot boat, talk about room.
1 worst / 10 best
Boat & crew a 10.
Customer Service and fishing help on deck a 10.
Food, galley & sun deck 10.
Bunks & restrooms and clean boat a 10.
Office and reservatin service 10 (Scott)
I Had a fun trip on a Great boat and I can't wait to go again.

They leave tonight 6/6/08 at 9PM to do it again. Long Beach Sport Fishing 555 Pico Ave. Long beach, Ca90802 562 432-8993. www.longbeachsportfishing.com (http://www.longbeachsportfishing.com) Cost $130.00 per fisherman and worth it.

I did not get the skunk, 1 small flounder released.

Jig-Guy / Bill Nelson:D

dirthead
06-07-2008, 12:41 AM
cpt. obymako and crew give you your money's worth. Greg fishes on his days off. highly reccomend this boat(Liberty). LONG BEACH SPORTFISHING BERTH 55

Oz
06-07-2008, 12:48 AM
havent been on the liberty since capt anthony was running it. looks like i will be jumping on the boat very soon :cool:

JapanRon
06-07-2008, 10:58 AM
Hi Jig-Guy,

Thanks for the great report ! Thanks dirthead for the reply indicating skippers info !! Fishing skippers as much as the actual boats ..... as I do, I too would like to do a trip with Capt. Greg.

Anybody know if the regular skipper has a regular day off (Thursday??) ........ which Greg fills in normally!? Understand ....that I have NOTHING against the regular skipper but would like to take a comparitive trip to the one you described.

JapanRon

OB-1MAKO
06-12-2008, 12:02 AM
I Will Be The Regular Captain, And Right Now I'm Not Taking Any Days Off. Thank You Guys For All The Support, And Appreciation................i Will Always Try! Never Will I Just Go Thru The Motions.............this I Promise! Hopefully, We Will See You Soon. Sinceraly, Greg Obymako

DavidE
06-12-2008, 07:53 AM
I Will Be The Regular Captain, And Right Now I'm Not Taking Any Days Off. Thank You Guys For All The Support, And Appreciation................i Will Always Try! Never Will I Just Go Thru The Motions.............this I Promise! Hopefully, We Will See You Soon. Sinceraly, Greg Obymako

This says plenty!!!! I think I'm gonna jump on board soon as well.

Thanks for the report Jig-Guy and thanks Cappy for the post.

ghetto dad
06-14-2008, 08:25 PM
Yeah greg......lol....youre a member here now, cool....remember whos youre #1 tackle office man!!!

GD

THROWBACK RANGER
06-14-2008, 10:22 PM
Yeah greg......lol....youre a member here now, cool....remember whos youre #1 tackle office man!!!

GD
ARE YOU THE GUY WITH THE ACCENT????

chuck'n deuce's
06-19-2008, 10:37 PM
Lmfao Son..wassup Greg

chuck'n deuce's
06-19-2008, 10:39 PM
are You The Guy With The Accent????

Lmfao Son>> Wassup Greg Its J Rico..

the fish taco
06-19-2008, 11:31 PM
i heard the captain on the native sun is pretty dope too.....

OB-1MAKO
06-21-2008, 04:52 AM
i heard the captain on the native sun is pretty dope too.....

Whoever told you that isn't your friend! If you have ever seen Jason you would agree ain't nothing pretty about him...............HE'S FUGLY!